Make some music recommendations...

I love the new Social Distortion as well. Great songs.

Ulster, what Annihilator are you listening to? All For You was the first album I bought from them and I've been working my way sporadically through their stuff. Jeff Waters is awesome but I think they've been lacking a great vocalist. Even though the new guy kind of does goofy stuff on the new album I hope they keep him for another album because you can tell he has a great voice for any style.

Anyone have thoughts on the samples I posted?

Cincy Vigilante said:
Scar Symmetry, they have been playing them on the winamp radio station I listen to at work. Pretty cool but Ive never heard ot them before that.

Yeah, they formed in late 2004 and already got a record deal. It has someone from Carnal Forge and others from European bands I've never heard of. I guess they're considered a supergroup of sorts. I hope they push forward with it, they kick ass. That station wouldn't happen to be Metal Express would it, that's where I heard them.

Borknagar , Sonata Artica, Dark Tranquility, Emperor, Caliban , Metalium, Raise Hell , Nevermore, Vintersorg, Sinergy, Dragonforce ,Dimension Zero, Nightrage.

Led Zeppelin - I,II(I really dig the bluesy stuff they deliver.)
Cannibal Corpse - Wretched spawn(Best corpse album for me. These guys are very underrated IMHO.)
Rush - 2112(Great stuff all the way)
Depeche Mode - Ultra(One of my most played "pop" albums.)
Anthrax - TGO2E(GUNG HO!!!)
Ac/Dc - Dirty deeds done dirt cheap(CLASSIC.)
Cradle of filth - Nympetamine(A more "stripped" COF album.)
King Diamond - Conspiracy(Great storyline, and killer music all the way.)
Judas Priest - Sin after sin(One of Jp's best albums.)
Ministry - Psalm 69(Very "noisy" stuff. I like it.)
Mötley Crüe - Too fast for love(Best Crüe album ever.)

Kiss-Destroyer
Megadeth-Peace Sells
Slayer- Still Reigning (my mate stuck it on cd for me)
George Harrison- All things must pass
Cream-best off
AC/DC Live at Donington
Vicous Art- Fire falls and the waiting waters
Bullet for my Valentine EP (it's a copy and i dont know the name of it but it's fantastic)
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
DamagePlan- New Found Power

johnnieCzech said:
Has anyone heard of Blowfly? A friend of mine burned me his CD and I find it fucking hilarious.
Is that a parody of Soulfly?
I'm going to see them and Morbid Angel next week.
I also hope to see Entombed next Friday.
btw:
Entombed- Wolverine Blues (this CD fucking rules!)

Dark Tranquillity - Character: A great and heavy album! Just saw them live with Kreator. These guys kick the ass of all melodic death metal bands!

Bloodbath - Nightmares made flesh: Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy, Pain) is the new singer. Forget Six feet under and all the others. THIS album is the album of the year for me.
www.bloodbath.biz

For all of you who want some stonerrock (stoner metal?): Try pothead! http://www.pothead.de/ -> listen to these samples! It's an american/german band. There cds and especially the live gigs are fantastic (and it's music that non-metal-freaks will like, too)

:headbang:

ThraxDude said:
Is that a parody of Soulfly?
I'm going to see them and Morbid Angel next week.
I also hope to see Entombed next Friday.
btw:
Entombed- Wolverine Blues (this CD fucking rules!)

No it´s a 60 year old rapper with VERY dirty lyrics. Funny as hell, I was literally rolling on the floor laughing.