Make some music recommendations...

Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday for the deceiver. A fucking great thrash album. Jason Newsted is on bass and is unbelievablly good! Wish he played like that in Metallica

Pantera - Power Metal. Cos im PROUD TO BE LOUD!!!!!!

LouieFatterson said:
Ulster, what Annihilator are you listening to? All For You was the first album I bought from them and I've been working my way sporadically through their stuff. Jeff Waters is awesome but I think they've been lacking a great vocalist. Even though the new guy kind of does goofy stuff on the new album I hope they keep him for another album because you can tell he has a great voice for any style.
I recently purchased a double album of Alice in Hell/Never Neverland, and also bought Set the World on Fire as well as their latest album, and its these I have been listening to. Its amazing that they havent been able to keep the same vocalist for any real length of time, and they have had some awesome singers in their tiime. Jeff Waters is an amazing guitarist though, had can really shred.

Jockthrax said:
Bullet for my Valentine EP (it's a copy and i dont know the name of it but it's fantastic)

Jockthrax, that is a great ep, it's self titled. Here's the track list if you need it.
-hand of blood
-cries in vain
-curses
-no control
-just another star

I also dig:
-funeral for a friend- casually dressed and deep in conversation (most songs are pretty heavy and melodic)
-biffy clyro-infinity land (schitzo, heavy pop?)

MASTODON!!! And Shadows Fall. For all of you that have listened to the new

Killswitch Engage, is it any good? I've been wanting to check that out. I saw them live and I was impressed.

LouieFatterson said:
I love the new Social Distortion as well. Great songs.

Ulster, what Annihilator are you listening to? All For You was the first album I bought from them and I've been working my way sporadically through their stuff. Jeff Waters is awesome but I think they've been lacking a great vocalist. Even though the new guy kind of does goofy stuff on the new album I hope they keep him for another album because you can tell he has a great voice for any style.

Anyone have thoughts on the samples I posted?

yeah a-lator are ok. though something about their music just does not sound 'right' to me. jeff is an amazing guitar player. but i've always thought the vocals were really horrible (dated, cheesy) and the drums were never that hot. alice in hell is still a classic!