Trivium: Now with 'Sneap Technology TM'

Nitronium Blood

UM BOARDS' JESTER
Dec 28, 2001
Marchin' up and down the scqaiya.
Visit site
I purchased the April 2005 issue of Metal Hammer magazine, which also came with an included DVD filled with 31 videos of new and old metal bands.

The very first video I saw was that of 'Like Light To The Flies' by this band I've never heard of before called Trivium. Oh yes, I quite fancy this band. Also downloaded another video they made from their website. Will soon purchase their latest album.

Featured on their website are all the interviews that they have done with various zines. Among them, an interview with 'Scratch' Magazine in which Matt, the 18 year old frontman of the band reveals that Andy Sneap mixed and mastered their current record 'Ascendancy'!

AWESOME, ANDY SNEAP YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!

Though, I'm curious. In the recent Guitar World magazine, Matt reveals that he uses a Marshall DSL 100. Was this amp used in the making of 'Ascendancy'?

Trivium is overrated. There is a band called Shadows Fall who are doing what Trivium is doing since a couple of years.

Razorjack said:
Shadows Fall are a million times better than Trivium.

maybe if they found a decent singer who could sing the clean parts in tune and not sound like hes straining to push a shit out when he tries growling. and started writing music thats not boring......and have a guitarist who can play solos without hitting the same pinch harmonics every 3 seconds.

ascendancy is one of the best albums of this year for me. trivium rule.

Soulfracture said:
maybe if they found a decent singer who could sing the clean parts in tune and not sound like hes straining to push a shit out when he tries growling. and started writing music thats not boring......and have a guitarist who can play solos without hitting the same pinch harmonics every 3 seconds.

ascendancy is one of the best albums of this year for me. trivium rule.

As I said, each to their own.

shadows fall are a super good band who does things on their own terms. we should all be so lucky. they come from my area and i know some of them. theyve been at it for like eight years and they work their asses off. they deserve every bit of whatever they are getting. they pretty much brought the whole guitar solo thing back with all their shit so i give them a lot of credit. their new shit isnt as heavy but their song writing has matured. i personaly like it better, but hey man everyones opinion is valid in its own way. anyway since they are from my area i just wanted to say that they are a really cool band, super good guys.

yep.. the shads are great guys and a killer band... and the production on their latest is quite good.. cheers Z.

anyway.. back to the original topic: Sneap Technology!

i took this pic of Andy during my stay at backstage as he demonstrated his new "under development" drum replacement techniques....
Andrew.jpg

mics will be added once he enters the beta testing stage
:D

JoshSylosis said:
Sorry to sound like a retard here but what exactly does re-amping consist of? I've got a good idea but need clarifying :cool:
While recording the mic'd guitar amp you also record a D.I of the guitar. Then later on you can run the D.I'd track through a re-amp box (it makes sure the signal is at the same level as would be recieved from the guitar) and then into an amp. You can then mic up the amp and tweak it until you're happy.

Razorjack said:
While recording the mic'd guitar amp you also record a D.I of the guitar. Then later on you can run the D.I'd track through a re-amp box (it makes sure the signal is at the same level as would be recieved from the guitar) and then into an amp. You can then mic up the amp and tweak it until you're happy.

Without sounding like even more of a retard, that is exactly what I thought it was hehe! But cheers for the clarification there dude!

Ascendancy sounds great in every way, but I must say the more I listen to it the less I like it. Don't think they stand up to the hype surrounding them at the moment. Still, they dont suck by any means