Trivium: Now with 'Sneap Technology TM'

BTW, @Andy:
Just wondering what do you use to re-amp (DI, reamping devices)... Radial stuff? Other?

...I can't exactly figure out why so many people are into shadowsfall...they're obviously excellent musicians...the songs just aren't really good....

As for Trivium...(they have hype around them??) you know, when you listen closely to their guitar tone, there's a messiness to it....just something about it doesn't sound very clean. I'm assuming that it's because they're not using EMG's...and I'm just so used to what EMG's sound like, it's what sounds the best to me...

..but - they're pretty good musicians...they just need to come up with a style that doesn't sound like EVERY OTHER BAND OUT THERE RIGHT NOW.

:)

daemon097 said:
...I can't exactly figure out why so many people are into shadowsfall...they're obviously excellent musicians...the songs just aren't really good....

:)
\

Yeah I don't know why everyone's teabagging them right now. It bewilders me. I mean yeah, they're solid, and good musicians, but I can't hear why they're so much more worthy than everyone else.

James Murphy said:
yep.. the shads are great guys and a killer band... and the production on their latest is quite good.. cheers Z.

anyway.. back to the original topic: Sneap Technology!

i took this pic of Andy during my stay at backstage as he demonstrated his new "under development" drum replacement techniques....
Andrew.jpg

mics will be added once he enters the beta testing stage
:D
Awesome :D

Is it just me, or is that Zildjian cymbal on the upper right a bit 'bitten'?

Haha, great picture...

The Trivium album rules. I don't think it's fair to compare them to Shadows Fall, what's the point? They're both great bands...

GOt yesterday Trivium album.

Sounds good and most important the songs are GOOOOD!!! The singer is better than Shadows fall's but there's no point in comparing the two bands, thei're very very different from each other, I like them both.

Record-wise, obviously, I never had a chanche to seeing live either of them.

Nitronium Blood said:
I just bought their album 'Ascendancy'.

It rules!

Though the mix for 'Like light to flies' is quite different compared to the video (probably Roadrunner) mix.

the video mix is the demo which got them signed to RR.

Trivium have far more complex and melodic guitar work than Killswitch Engage, and are far less 'core and more thrash. Calling them Killswitch clones is a lazy and inaccurate generalisation. Shadows Fall are a closer comparison, but The War Within hasn't had the staying power for me that Ascendancy has. Please note, I really like all three bands. :)

Havent heard them yet but I know they are probably more of that one finger chord bullshit with a singer that goes between a scraming and singing voice. On Roadnunner Records probably. And then maybe they throw in the Swedish At The Gates style riffing for good measure then go back to the Machine Head copy riff. Cant wait for their new one.

C