trivium - pull harder

sorceron said:
hey dude some people cant help it, ha

The fuck they can't - they'll just have to stop yelping like small children on the merry-go-round and sing from the chest. This band's singer decided one day he was going to start trying to sound like Hetfield, and while it's annoying as fuck hearing one more person rip him off (I thought the first Hetfield was annoying enough) he showed that he could put some power into it.

Jeff

I like Trivium actually, great band. If they didn't have emo hair and if they came from Sweden you haters would all love them.

That being said, that was seriously funny, and I honestly can't hear the lyrics any other way!

I'm tempted to start doing a gore-grind band out of my garage and string words together like that just to see if anyone will notice. Then again, I could just as easily recycle the lyrics and take over the open-mic night at the local beatnik shack, make my way up the ranks of the surrealist literature community, and get an extra source of income there.

I'd have to agree with Kazrog - they don't sound like the typical American band, and when I first heard Rain I wouldn't have guessed that Heafy was half-Japanese and had short hair. I love how the guy trashed their harmony leads and said that only Europeans could do them - not like Nevermore, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Megadeth, or Carcass ever used harmonies, right?

Jeff

JBroll said:
I love how the guy trashed their harmony leads and said that only Europeans could do them - not like Nevermore, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Megadeth, or Carcass ever used harmonies, right?

Uhm, Carcass are from England, which belonged to Europe last time I checked (although the British sometimes like to differ on that issue) ...
But in general you are right ... :loco:

Kazrog said:
If they didn't have emo hair and if they came from Sweden you haters would all love them.
I like plenty of American bands with emo hair, the difference being Heafy's voice sucks, the songs are bland, and they're way overrated. They're not the next coming of heavy metal, they're just that much closer to being a radio-ready verse-chorus-verse-chorus shitstain on the musical fabric of the planet.

smy1 said:
Uhm, Carcass are from England, which belonged to Europe last time I checked (although the British sometimes like to differ on that issue) ...
But in general you are right ... :loco:

Nevermind, I got that one mixed up. Think I meant to put Cynic... it was late...

Jeff

IM SORRY BUT THAT BAND IS GAY! The lead guitarist can shred a solo but as far as the band as a whole being something remotely unique is funny shit! POOP ON THEM:heh:

gumplunger said:
I like plenty of American bands with emo hair, the difference being Heafy's voice sucks, the songs are bland, and they're way overrated. They're not the next coming of heavy metal, they're just that much closer to being a radio-ready verse-chorus-verse-chorus shitstain on the musical fabric of the planet.

I never said they were the "next coming of heavy metal." No such thing anyway, metal is extremely diverse now and people look for different things. And they are kind of overrated, except that it's balanced out by their army of haters. I read more negative shit about them online than positive.

I've now been randomly shouting "BOAATT!!!! RUDDER!!!!!" around the house for a couple of days....:lol:

Kazrog said:
I've now been randomly shouting "BOAATT!!!! RUDDER!!!!!" around the house for a couple of days....:lol:

LOL. Me too. I can't get it out of my head. Those guys are talented, but I must admit that I can't stand that style of metal. Verse. Scream like bloody hell with no style whatsoever. Chorus. Now sing like Tears for Fears. Back to verse. So predictable. The only band who does that formula that I can listen to is Soilwork, but even their newest material is really tough for me to get into. Their old material is just brilliant.