True Temperament - now in B tuning!

TheDude

Jocke Skog
Jan 8, 2007
Stockholm - Sweden
I met Anders Thidell, the inventor of true Temperament at Frankfurt and asked him about the technology behind it. He told me that he measures all notes on each string down to 0.02 cents accuracy, and bend the frets accordingly. The Schecter on the pictures were tuned in B, and had .60, .50, .36, .24, .18, .14 gauge strings. It was perfect all over the neck. I mean really perfect! I couldn't feel that the frets were any different than my regular guitars, but it sounded just...in tune. All over the neck. It just blew my mind...

I'll ask him if he could do my Baritones too.

http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php

Here's a couple of pics.
TT_Schecter_B-tune.jpg

TT_Schecter_B-tune_Neck.jpg

I didn't play for too long, but It didn't feel weird at all. Elmwood amps did live demos at the same booth, and the guitar player used a TT guitar and a "normal" and switched between them without any issues.

At a recent clinic here in Milan Italy I had the privilege to hold in my hands and play for a few minutes the Mattias IA Eklundh's Caparison, fitted with these true temperament frets.
Not weird at all except for the visual side of it.
It's very interesting the quality of the intonation throughout the neck.
If I had the money and I could afford to ship one of my guitars in Sweden I'd definitely get one fret treatment.

I don't even think it looks that bad... Would love to try this for sure. Kinda biting my ass on missing out on the Musikmesse this year...

I think it looks cool, maybe just because I know how much better it makes a guitar sound.. :D

If you play in a band with another guitar player and a bass player ,then all the instruments should have this type of fretting to sound in tune i guess?