Trying to make the Peavey valveking do metalcore

it works. Not too bad for a ValveKing, but yeah I´ve used them and that´s as metal as they´ll get. Their clean sound sucks ball as well so unless you´re in love with it´s onetrick tone it´s pretty much a useless amp.

For some the guitars sound like too centered, and bass clank sounds nice, but it gets buried, more compression and probably clearing up some space for it can help. I like the drums, not too "typical", what´d you use for them?

Superior Drummer 2.
and the valveking's cleans are nice imo, and when the amp is cranked it will be probably clean up a little bit i think.. :O

Superior Drummer 2.
and the valveking's cleans are nice imo, and when the amp is cranked it will be probably clean up a little bit i think.. :O

Interesting you say that, in the place I rehearse they have several Valveking combos, we can't even plug a pedal into it cause the clean signal already sounds like crappy saturation, and it's not one, it's three of them. I also recorded some guitars some time ago with a Valveking Head/cab setup and same thing, although in that occasion the extra "dirt" really helped.

Interesting you say that, in the place I rehearse they have several Valveking combos, we can't even plug a pedal into it cause the clean signal already sounds like crappy saturation, and it's not one, it's three of them. I also recorded some guitars some time ago with a Valveking Head/cab setup and same thing, although in that occasion the extra "dirt" really helped.

Im not using a combo, im using the head with a 2x12 rectifier and v30's and a TS infront of the amp..
and what do you expect from a budget amp ? a mark v tone ? :D

patch chord connecting the effects loop together directly. came up with little trick back when i owned one when they first released them increase the gain makes it tighter adds mids try it out and and post the results

patch chord connecting the effects loop together directly. came up with little trick back when i owned one when they first released them increase the gain makes it tighter adds mids try it out and and post the results

:err: