TSE SONG/TRACKS - PLZ MIX THIS SHIT!

onqel

Jan 4, 2008
Norway
Hi guys

I've decided to put my newest work up for you guys to try to mix it yourself :saint:

The tracks are recorded with "low-end" gear, too thin strings compared to the tuning etc .. so let me hear you try to polish this turd :lol:
I will try to re-record the bass-guitar later, right now it's fucked up with some clicks here and there..
Finally: keep in mind that I'm not the best guitarist around here :)

Original Mix by onQel

The Project

Provided are DI tracks and midi files, (I added one midifile for Addictive Drums and one for Superior 2..)
I didn't render the synths I used in the original mix so you will have to use your own VSTi's ..
(Use whatever plugins you'd like, I won't get offended in any way!)

Nice! Look at this as a challenge since I've recorded it with poorly setup instruments .. haha

Mix it as you wish, I'm fine with it either way :)
Could be cool to hear my stuff played through a real amp though ..
And if some of you would like to replace some of the leadguitar with vocals that's fine with me as well :p

Mago: sounds good to me! love the fullness of the mix (especially the guitars), it doesn't feel so sterile like my mix does :p

Lucas: my tips to you: Ease up on the masterbus compression, it sucks the dynamics right out of the whole mix .. and there's a bit too much delay on the lead guitar for my taste ;)

Yeah I just listened to it with fresh ears again, it's indeed wayyy too smashed
Was a real quick try though , i'm goinna try to find some time to do a v2 today :D

Anything else you'd avice ?

The new mix sounds a good bit more balanced. There's just something about that lead guitar in the beginning, it sounds too thin or something.