TSE SONG/TRACKS - PLZ MIX THIS SHIT!

Onqel,
Many thanks for this great track, sounds EPIC ! :headbang:
Here is my try : TRUIE_TSE The Tide_0711 Mix2 MASTER.mp3

Because of the great arrangement, I wanted this mix to be leaded by the synths and not the rythm guitars.
My girlfriend helped me choosing the synths. According to her, this track have an anime / oldschool video game vibe and she had great ideas.
I think in the end it's working pretty well.

Hope you guys will like it !
(oh and sorry for the subdrops :lol:)

Ryuno, your guitars are not so bad. For me the problem is there is too much bass.
Maybe your monitoring don't allow you to hear it well (bass is tuned to A), but it's seriously pumping in the lows. Fix that and you'll win a lot of headroom and clarity.
Also, the OH/cymbals are very upfront and harsh sounding (and very fake too), and kick/snare/tom are buried.

Ryuno, your guitars are not so bad. For me the problem is there is too much bass.
Maybe your monitoring don't allow you to hear it well (bass is tuned to A), but it's seriously pumping in the lows. Fix that and you'll win a lot of headroom and clarity.
Also, the OH/cymbals are very upfront and harsh sounding (and very fake too), and kick/snare/tom are buried.

Thank you very much for the specific advice, sir. I agree with all you said and really need to get new OH too.

Gemy : it's pretty good.
The lead guitar is just a bit loud and dry.
Lower it and put a nice delay/reverb and it will sound great !
The master is also a bit pumping, check out the lows and/or your master comp settings.

Onqel : did you listen to my mix ? (I know there are a lot !)
I would really like to hear what you think about it.

The whole mix sounds very distant (except the synths) and scooped.
I hear some pumping on the lows too.

I think you'll win more clarity by using a bit less reverb and working on the mids.

I will try to re-record the bass-guitar later, right now it's fucked up with some clicks here and there..

I'm sorry about that ..

if anyone have Trillian or something that goes down to A# and have the time to process a midi-file please let me know .. :D

We all had to deal with that clicky bass track.
When compressed and saturated to fuck, and in the context of the mix, it's barely audible and not really a problem.

Have fun mixing ;)

It's not bad !
There's just a little thing that's disturbing me : the synth, especially the strings/violins, which are mega verby, low mid, and loud.
Generally speaking, the synths and piano have too much delay / reverb.

Otherwise, the mix is pretty well, love the drums :kickass:

Concerning automation, I remember doing a lot on my mix (volume wise between synth and rythm guitars, on drums, reverb/delay on lead guitar and synths... etc).
The writing is very relevant to automation, and you can do a lot of cool stuff with it on this track.

Hi guys

I've decided to put my newest work up for you guys to try to mix it yourself :saint:

The tracks are recorded with "low-end" gear, too thin strings compared to the tuning etc .. so let me hear you try to polish this turd :lol:
I will try to re-record the bass-guitar later, right now it's fucked up with some clicks here and there..
Finally: keep in mind that I'm not the best guitarist around here :)

Original Mix by onQel

The Project

Provided are DI tracks and midi files, (I added one midifile for Addictive Drums and one for Superior 2..)
I didn't render the synths I used in the original mix so you will have to use your own VSTi's ..
(Use whatever plugins you'd like, I won't get offended in any way!)

PUT UP THE RAW DRUM TRACKS, JUST PUTTING UP THE MIDI IS LAZY AND ALSO ALIENATES THOSE OF US WITHOUT E-DRUMS!

PUT UP THE RAW DRUM TRACKS, JUST PUTTING UP THE MIDI IS LAZY AND ALSO ALIENATES THOSE OF US WITHOUT E-DRUMS!

YOU SIR, SHOULD BE A BIT MORE THANKFULL FOR JOHN PUTTING UP A KILLER TRACK LIKE THAT!

But yeah it would be a good idea to include a wav mix of the overheads, overhead room sound and some triggers for the shells.
If you aren't able to trigger samples from those then well...bad luck I guess.

It's not bad !
There's just a little thing that's disturbing me : the synth, especially the strings/violins, which are mega verby, low mid, and loud.
Generally speaking, the synths and piano have too much delay / reverb.

Otherwise, the mix is pretty well, love the drums :kickass:

Concerning automation, I remember doing a lot on my mix (volume wise between synth and rythm guitars, on drums, reverb/delay on lead guitar and synths... etc).
The writing is very relevant to automation, and you can do a lot of cool stuff with it on this track.

Thanks dude :) You are right, but I didnt even mixed the keyboards!lol Just used a preset. They dont sound bad, But I agree that they need something more. Too much low end on the strings. Well it´s a mix of a couple of hours.

YOU SIR, SHOULD BE A BIT MORE THANKFULL FOR JOHN PUTTING UP A KILLER TRACK LIKE THAT!

Word. :kickass:

But yeah it would be a good idea to include a wav mix of the overheads, overhead room sound and some triggers for the shells.
If you aren't able to trigger samples from those then well...bad luck I guess.

Dear Hitler's love child,

Should I?

Nah... Don't think so!

Without the drums what good is it to me?