TSE SONG/TRACKS - PLZ MIX THIS SHIT!

PUT UP THE RAW DRUM TRACKS, JUST PUTTING UP THE MIDI IS LAZY AND ALSO ALIENATES THOSE OF US WITHOUT E-DRUMS!

You're on a forum for audio engineers, and you don't have VSTi drums? That's like being a mechanic who doesn't know how to change spark plugs. It doesn't make sense.

Onqel,
Many thanks for this great track, sounds EPIC ! :headbang:
Here is my try : TRUIE_TSE The Tide_0711 Mix2 MASTER.mp3

Because of the great arrangement, I wanted this mix to be leaded by the synths and not the rythm guitars.
My girlfriend helped me choosing the synths. According to her, this track have an anime / oldschool video game vibe and she had great ideas.
I think in the end it's working pretty well.

Hope you guys will like it !
(oh and sorry for the subdrops :lol:)

Sorry to quote myself, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on my mix :cry:

^ rythmic guitars are a bit honky. There are some nasty high frequencies on them. The piano it´s a bit loud and lead guitar a bit low. Otherwise, good mix ;)

^ rythmic guitars are a bit honky. There are some nasty high frequencies on them. The piano it´s a bit loud and lead guitar a bit low. Otherwise, good mix ;)

Thanks a lot dude !
The loud synths and low lead is clearly what I wanted, but I agree I need to work a bit more on the rythm guitars.
I'll try to reamp again if I find some time for that, I'm pretty busy at the moment.

What did you use for your rythm guitars ?

This is an awesome tune. Here's my attempt.

http://www.shaggysi.com/tunes/TSEMIX.mp3

This is actually round 2. I started this a few weeks ago on a really hot evening - totally different sound to what I have here. Anyway, when I got to the synths my computer got so hot it restarted itself and I lost the whole session, so after much swearing I deleted everything and didn't bother.

Here's the tech blurb for those who care:-

Drums are SD2.0 AVATAR with a custom preset made by me, modelled on Sturgis-type drum sounds ala Attack Attack, Plea For Purging. Yes I realise they don't sound much like either, but it was modelled on, not a replica of :p

Bass DI: Compressor > EQ > Rbass

Bass AMP: Guitar Rig 4

Rhythm Guitars: TSE X50 > Catharsis s-preshigh impulse in LeCab2 > EQ > Limiter

Lead: Guitar Rig 4 - Echo Lead patch modified by me > PSP 85 Delay

Synths are all Absynth 5, pretty much my go-to synth any time I want keyboard sounds, and pretty much the only one I have installed :s

Master Bus: SSL Comp > Gclip > C4 > L2

Feedback much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

You're on a forum for audio engineers, and you don't have VSTi drums? That's like being a mechanic who doesn't know how to change spark plugs. It doesn't make sense.

Lol you idiot! I didn't realise you had to sign a 'I have E-drums' contract before you joined this forum! Please arrest me! Perhaps you aren't aware that there are varying levels on this forum. Poor you.

a quick hour of an attempt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/994726/onqelmix.mp3

Used BOD on the bass, Lecto on the grungy bass and all guitars with the ASEM impulse. Drums are AD with a sampled kick blended in. piano is a blend of Kontakt and string theory (worst part of the mix imo- I couldnt gel with it but I couldnt find a sound I liked better so i left it lol), strings are three different synths blended. let me know what's fucked or badly done if you listen, alrighty? thanks!