TSE SONG/TRACKS - PLZ MIX THIS SHIT!

whoa. love your guitar sound. I also love the added string section in the beginning. care to share your guitar chain?

cheers man!

Guitar chain was mostly onqels stuff as usual ;)
rhythm: TSE808-X50(red channel KT88 I think)-Lecab2 with 4 impulses (ASEM Recto, S-preshigh, orange-2-mics and one of guitar hacks original impulses)

solo was AT3 with a TS into an Marshall sim, cabs tunrned off and into LeCap with 2 impulses...I dont know now which ones though

Had a quick go at this.
Didn't spend long because the bass is too clicky to mix.

I'm sorry about that ..

if anyone have Trillian or something that goes down to A# and have the time to process a midi-file please let me know .. :D

I'm sorry about that ..

if anyone have Trillian or something that goes down to A# and have the time to process a midi-file please let me know .. :D

Sorry. I sounded like an ass in my post.
Totally unintentional. You clearly stated that the bass was clicky in your first post. I just found it too hard to mix the track when I couldn't push the mids of the bass. If you rerecord or midi the bass I will be able to do a mix.

I decided to do a reamp instead of using an ampsim, and it sound a whole lot better... Much less annoying high-end.

Guitars was reamped through a mrHector with 4x10 v30 cab + sm57 in the right place :Spin:

How does it sound:

How does it look like:
amp1.png

amp2.jpg

And if anyone is interested to mix a real amp, here are the raw reamped guitar files (~37Mb):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3142362/mrHector_thetide_rythm.rar

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I've been gassing for a Mr Hector ever since Ola's clip. Yours didn't help either! As Mago said it's quite undergained and not really powerful, but the core sound at the heart of it is nice and round.

Heh... I've been expecting such answers... :lol:
I will redo this with more gain but I dont have the time to do it right now. Its quite hard amp to get right... I find the gain issue especially tough, because its "just enough" point usually lies between 12 and 12.30 o clock... very easy to do over- or undergained sound...
I like this amp for its nice grit and high end; you have to push the volume pretty high though. Otherwise its getting fizzy.
Thanks for feedback guys! :)

^ I think that's the best mix yet. Maybe a bit too much going on with the lead but it's not as piecing so I dig it more than the other mixes.

So there was I having fun with my mix and playing with the new Podfarm tone I dialed in when I realized I can't mix lead guitars to save my life: I never really had to, you see.

No lead version, mistakes here and there but you can see the mix shaping.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11682568/aw yea no lead.mp3

Lead version, suddenly trainwreck.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11682568/aw yea.mp3

Whenever I try and make the lead stand out, it gets overpowering. Whenever I lower the volume, it vanishes. The sweet spot is nowhere to be found and my ears might just be tired, but this doesn't sound anywhere near acceptable when comparing to the original mix. Any tips, please?