TSO Christmas Contest

Jordan94k

Aug 24, 2006
I didn't actually know if this had been posted yet, but the deadline for entry is coming up Friday I think. Go to Trans-Siberian Orchestra Multimedia - TSO Multimedia and the link to the contest info is right there on the main page, as well as a link to all the submissions thus far. I assume there are a few musicians that look at this forum that would like to participate. :D

I also did this in order to spam my own submission (YouTube - TSO - Wizards in Winter contest - guitar entry) so if you guys want to go ahead and give me 5 stars that would be swell... :D

But in all seriousness the prizes seem pretty sweet, namely the custom Jackson guitar, and I thought it was pretty awesome that TSO went ahead and did this. Which brings up another question, how much input do you think TSO actually has in the original contest idea, the prizes, or the actual judging?

Just voted a 5 out of 5 and left you a comment. That was so much more aswesomer than the others I've seen. Well done.

Quick notice... I didn't see it listed in the actual group for the contest. You need to get in there and own dude! If you're not joined to the contest group, join so you can post the video to the group.

Quick notice... I didn't see it listed in the actual group for the contest. You need to get in there and own dude! If you're not joined to the contest group, join so you can post the video to the group.

I was pretty sure I was on there, but I'll double check real quick, thanks for letting me know.

I didn't actually know if this had been posted yet, but the deadline for entry is coming up Friday I think. Go to Trans-Siberian Orchestra Multimedia - TSO Multimedia and the link to the contest info is right there on the main page, as well as a link to all the submissions thus far. I assume there are a few musicians that look at this forum that would like to participate. :D

I also did this in order to spam my own submission (YouTube - TSO - Wizards in Winter contest - guitar entry) so if you guys want to go ahead and give me 5 stars that would be swell... :D

But in all seriousness the prizes seem pretty sweet, namely the custom Jackson guitar, and I thought it was pretty awesome that TSO went ahead and did this. Which brings up another question, how much input do you think TSO actually has in the original contest idea, the prizes, or the actual judging?

The video is awesome dude. I voted for you. Now, question... what kind of guitar are you playing? It looks EXACTLY like my ESP LTD MH301. lol

Wow! I had no idea! :( And to think its been going on since Nov. 13!?!?!? Oh well, crammed it in and have been practicing it tonight. I hope to tape ot tomorow night, digitize and upload! 24 hours, 7 minutes to go! Yikes!!

Good luck Jordan94k! Cool video you made there. Thanks for the heads up!

Keep in mind that uploading it takes some time, depending on how large your video is and how fast your internet connection is. Mine was 100MB and took a little under an hour, but I'm on a T1 connection at school, though it is a shitty T1 connection.

Keep in mind that uploading it takes some time, depending on how large your video is and how fast your internet connection is. Mine was 100MB and took a little under an hour, but I'm on a T1 connection at school, though it is a shitty T1 connection.
Well, I made it! Of course, I after I did the whole rushing thing - THEN I decided to look at the official rules and saw that the deadline is actually Jan. 15, 2007! :lol: So I guess I didn't need to rush quite the way I did. Knowing this, I'll probably do it again after I've cleaned things up a bit -- more practice and better lighting.

Anyhow, here is what I upped last night (around 11p).

YouTube - TSO Wizards of Winter Guitar Entry

Well, I made it! Of course, I after I did the whole rushing thing - THEN I decided to look at the official rules and saw that the deadline is actually Jan. 15, 2007! :lol: So I guess I didn't need to rush quite the way I did. Knowing this, I'll probably do it again after I've cleaned things up a bit -- more practice and better lighting.

Anyhow, here is what I upped last night (around 11p).

YouTube - TSO Wizards of Winter Guitar Entry

Hah! Classic! You Poser! :heh:
Good luck bro'!

(Tell me that wasn't a PoS shirt...)

J-Dubya :)

Oh my goodness Jordan, those wizards were hilarious! I'll be honest, your video was one of few that I watched all the way through. Good job man, and good luck.

Hah! Classic! You Poser! :heh:
Good luck bro'!

(Tell me that wasn't a PoS shirt...)

J-Dubya :)
:lol: Yeah? Bite me, Cheeseboy!

Thanks! I do plan on making a better version now that I know I have some time. BTW, how did you like the amp sound? I got lazy and didn't actually set up my rack. Yes, that was my practice/backup rig: the Pod XT going into the Crate Powerblock, into my Boogie 4x12 cabinet. That cabinet really adds a lot of bottom end.

One thing I'm not sure about is what the contest really wants. I assumed that since they sent out the music, supplied the backing track, and they play things so accurately live, that they would be looking for things being really close. I tried to stay as true as possible with that in mind. However, I have noticed that mnay entries had embellishments on them. What do you think?

WTF?!??! I've never seen a PoS shirt that colorful! No dude, I was promoting my own band. That is one of the shirts that Glenn F. designed and had made for us!

Hey, did you see our announcement! Go check it out!