I'm trapped in a concert-going paradox

Reminds me of when I went to see Therion in October. Had the choice of seeing Leaves Eyes in Hartford or Therion in Poughkeepsie. Therion I had just seen at PP so I was thinking about going to Hartford. But I don't really listen to Leaves Eyes. Theatre of Tragedy would have been my only real reason to see LE. I really enjoyed Therion so much at PP. Plus, Operatika was opening and I had wanted to see them since the first time I missed them open for Nightwish when they played at Lamours (two different rooms and they played the other room while I had a front row position for the NW stage so I wasn't moving). I ended up perfectly happy with my choice. Will be a long time before Therion comes back to the US, me thinks.

Well, I gotta praise that crazy cat Brian Setzer. That man WHAILS on his guitar. He's one of the few people who have a true mastery of their guitar. I mean, he jumps around through all these different styles and plays each style flawlessly. And he's unbelievably entertaining. But those trumpet players! Oh my GAWD were they hilarious to watch their stage antics! Those guys had my brother and I laughing all night! Brilliant music, excellent stage show, huge sound, and damnit is it ever satisfying to see true musicianship like this again.

Roger bought me a $60 shirt. \m/ Merry Christmas to me. \m/

Go see the BSO if you ever get the chance to. You'll be entertained every second of it.