TSO Roll call

They -do- play "Christmas Eve Sarajevo," of course, since it's the song that started it all....and the crowd goes wild! (Yep, really.)

At the first Atlanta show I saw (at the Tabernacle), they played it twice...the second time was at 'full' volume, Savatage style. I thought the old lady sitting behind me would faint, or at least leave in haste, but she stuck around. :)

I'll be stuck at work anyway, but I might drop by Phillips later in the evening if time allows. I'm curious to see if they mention Savatage at all from the stage; at the show two years ago, they didn't. First time for that, I think. :(

LOL!!!!!!!! I saw a few old ladies leaving at the Tabernacle, too!!! My favorite song they do!! They've done it twice at every show we've been to, I'm pretty sure, which is every one except last year since they skipped Atlanta. It's a great ending with lots of fire!! :Smokin:

C'mon Paul.... come on out tonight! :)

I drove by at around ten p.m. to see what was up....if nothing else, I figured I could go in and see the usual postshow autographing session...and it didn't look (or sound) like the show was in session and I didn't see a huge exodus of people leaving. How was the audience size? Was it a half-house show?

Great show you missed Paul. Kelly Keeling easily filled the shoes of Micheal Lanning. I for one did not miss Jill, although I know she has fans from TSO shows because she's so nice and everything. Her replacement, the name eludes me at the moment, did an excellent job without all that over-singing Jill drives me crazy with.

It was a half house show, and there were far more people than I expected. When Pitrelli asked who were returning vs first timers, the new cheers were at least 50% more than the "vets."

Also The Mountain King was present. Jon watched the show from the sound board booth. The history of TSO via Savatage was revisited this year when Al introduced him. Unfortunately he didn't take part in the M&G.

New effects this year was the addition a rising platform in the middle of the floor, half way between the stage and back stadium seating. The platform raised Angus and lead violinist Anna Phoebe 20ft into the air to play dueling instruments for the benifit of the further back seating.
Also the "snow" was "real" this year. That is to say cold flakes of finely shaved ice as opposed to the foam they've used before.

It was a fantastic show, easily the best light show I have ever seen at a concert. I enjoyed meeting and talking to all of the crew during the M&G afterwards.

Great show you missed Paul. Kelly Keeling easily filled the shoes of Micheal Lanning. I for one did not miss Jill, although I know she has fans from TSO shows because she's so nice and everything. Her replacement, the name eludes me at the moment, did an excellent job without all that over-singing Jill drives me crazy with.

It was a half house show, and there were far more people than I expected. When Pitrelli asked who were returning vs first timers, the new cheers were at least 50% more than the "vets."

Also The Mountain King was present. Jon watched the show from the sound board booth. The history of TSO via Savatage was revisited this year when Al introduced him. Unfortunately he didn't take part in the M&G.

New effects this year was the addition a rising platform in the middle of the floor, half way between the stage and back stadium seating. The platform raised Angus and lead violinist Anna Phoebe 20ft into the air to play dueling instruments for the benifit of the further back seating.
Also the "snow" was "real" this year. That is to say cold flakes of finely shaved ice as opposed to the foam they've used before.

Pretty good synopsis, I must say.... although I did miss seeing Jill this year.

Kelly was totally awesome. Am a huge fan... :)

Yep, we were right next to the sound board; and sure enough, Jon sat there throughout the show.

Definitely another excellent TSO show!!

When they played Gwinnett Arena, I thought for sure that Jon might have been there, 'cause when Al mentioned him from the stage, he looked over toward stage-left expectantly, as if Jon might have been standing there. If he was there, he didn't show for the M&G either.

--We did get Paul O'Neill at that show, and his unofficial appearance near the meet'n'greet was pretty amazing, as my story posted here afterwards related....

When they played Gwinnett Arena, I thought for sure that Jon might have been there, 'cause when Al mentioned him from the stage, he looked over toward stage-left expectantly, as if Jon might have been standing there. If he was there, he didn't show for the M&G either.

--We did get Paul O'Neill at that show, and his unofficial appearance near the meet'n'greet was pretty amazing, as my story posted here afterwards related....

Paul, Jon was at Gwinnett. Talked to him in the lobby during a beer run... :)