TSO Roll call

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
Who is going to the TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) concert on Thursday night in Atlanta??? Just got tickets for my wife and me. :headbang:

I have never been to Phillips Arena so i don;t know if our tickets are decent or not.

we are section 110, row 5 I think....I don;t have my ticket in front of me.

I'm still debating if I want to go. Well, I'd like to, but the venue, relatively lousy seat locations and ticket price are tempting me away. It'd be the first tour I've missed since their second tour here.

I'm still debating if I want to go. Well, I'd like to, but the venue, relatively lousy seat locations and ticket price are tempting me away. It'd be the first tour I've missed since their second tour here.

I've never been and I'd love to go, but I completely agree with you there. I tried to convince my mom to buy me tickets as a "Hey mom, I love you, let's see TSO together" but it didn't work.

I'd love to take my mom, actually, since I bought her copies of the CDs and she plays them every Christmas......but no. If it were at Gwinnett Arena again, I'd probably do it.

Meanwhile, my friend Phil ("Dslartoo" here) declined to go because it's just too far away from Christmas....and he has a point there, too. TSO has never seemed to have a good date for a show here....either it's nearly two months early or right before New Year's.

I know I will probably get flamed for asking.
I am extremely unfamiliar with TSO either live or on record.

Do they perform any Savatage live? I assume not, but figured I would ask.

I know I will probably get flamed for asking.
I am extremely unfamiliar with TSO either live or on record.

Do they perform any Savatage live? I assume not, but figured I would ask.
I think it is all the Xmas music from their 3 holiday themed records. Plus they have one called Beethoven's Last Night that is very good as well.

They -do- play "Christmas Eve Sarajevo," of course, since it's the song that started it all....and the crowd goes wild! (Yep, really.)

At the first Atlanta show I saw (at the Tabernacle), they played it twice...the second time was at 'full' volume, Savatage style. I thought the old lady sitting behind me would faint, or at least leave in haste, but she stuck around. :)

I'll be stuck at work anyway, but I might drop by Phillips later in the evening if time allows. I'm curious to see if they mention Savatage at all from the stage; at the show two years ago, they didn't. First time for that, I think. :(