TSO in Atlanta

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
Saw TSO at Philips Arena last night. They were awesome as usual. I did think the show was kind of slow for the first half since there was not as many up tempo songs but the 2nd half really kicked it in with the songs and pyro. It was good to see Glenn and Cindy Harveston who were sitting the next section over from us on the floor. Anyone who has not ever met them you are missing out. My wife and I have found both of them to be extremely friendly everytime we see them. Glenn, I don;t think I have ever seen you wear glasses before. Also saw Beth and her husband Shawn as we were leaving. GLad you two had a good time too. Anyone else go? I saw Pellaz a few times walking around.

I saw it last night as well only with the East Coast crew in Manchester NH.

Was fucking incredible......for those that havent had the chance to see it with Chris Cafferty......you dont know what you're missing out on. Hes such a fucking showman, and gets the crowd so fired up its fantastic!

Did the West Coast crew do a cover of Proud Mary as well?

This is my 4th consecutive year, and on the East Coast they totally changed up the 2nd half's show from last year. Absolutely amazing.

I saw it last night as well only with the East Coast crew in Manchester NH.

Was fucking incredible......for those that havent had the chance to see it with Chris Cafferty......you dont know what you're missing out on. Hes such a fucking showman, and gets the crowd so fired up its fantastic!

Did the West Coast crew do a cover of Proud Mary as well?

This is my 4th consecutive year, and on the East Coast they totally changed up the 2nd half's show from last year. Absolutely amazing.

Yes the West coast crew did Proud Mary and really tore it up!!:headbang:
I agree the 2nd half of the show was WAY different from last year's show.

Glenn would never wear glasses at ProgPower...could you imagine him trying to find them after head-bobbing them backwards into the crowd? :headbang:

Saw TSO at Philips Arena last night. They were awesome as usual. I did think the show was kind of slow for the first half since there was not as many up tempo songs but the 2nd half really kicked it in with the songs and pyro. It was good to see Glenn and Cindy Harveston who were sitting the next section over from us on the floor. Anyone who has not ever met them you are missing out. My wife and I have found both of them to be extremely friendly everytime we see them. Glenn, I don;t think I have ever seen you wear glasses before. Also saw Beth and her husband Shawn as we were leaving. GLad you two had a good time too. Anyone else go? I saw Pellaz a few times walking around.

Hey yeah i sat right beside Pellaz he was cool, we bought our tickets from the same person, it was an awesome show i see the other band in december in Greenville Sc with Alex and Chris, i hear they do put on a awesome show as well..:headbang:

You know the first part of the show is always Chrismas Eve and Other Stories in its entirety, right? One shouldn't be expecting any more "up tempo" songs than those that appear on the CD.
This is the 7th straight Atlanta show I've been to (they skipped us in 2005), and always it's a spectacle. We always get the West group, so if you usually get them here's what to expect. A couple of new singers this year. One better and the other not as good as their replacements. The second straight year without Jill. Yay! Increased fire and pyrotechnics for the second half over last year. The lighting was a bit different with moving suspended cubes of spotlights instead of the rotating racks of last year. They also added 5 columns of strobe and spot lights to the back of the stage. I personally wouldn't say that the display of thirty 10 x 16 bright white strobe lights on those columns is an improvemnet to their lighting show. At least not when you're close enough to count them easily. It probably looked great from further back though.

It's always good to see Al and the West, but I'm going to have to track down and see the East one of these years. Does Mark Wood still play with the East? Having seen him with Van Helsing's Curse I can only imagine that he and Caffery together has to be an awsome display.

Good to see Glenn, Cindy, and Pellaz. Were those Parris people in attendance? Hope to catch you all next weekend at the Masq. Yeah... even you Patrick.

You know the first part of the show is always Chrismas Eve and Other Stories in its entirety, right? One shouldn't be expecting any more "up tempo" songs than those that appear on the CD.
This is the 7th straight Atlanta show I've been to (they skipped us in 2005), and always it's a spectacle. We always get the West group, so if you usually get them here's what to expect. A couple of new singers this year. One better and the other not as good as their replacements. The second straight year without Jill. Yay! Increased fire and pyrotechnics for the second half over last year. The lighting was a bit different with moving suspended cubes of spotlights instead of the rotating racks of last year. They also added 5 columns of strobe and spot lights to the back of the stage. I personally wouldn't say that the display of thirty 10 x 16 bright white strobe lights on those columns is an improvemnet to their lighting show. At least not when you're close enough to count them easily. It probably looked great from further back though.

It's always good to see Al and the West, but I'm going to have to track down and see the East one of these years. Does Mark Wood still play with the East? Having seen him with Van Helsing's Curse I can only imagine that he and Caffery together has to be an awsome display.

Good to see Glenn, Cindy, and Pellaz. Were those Parris people in attendance? Hope to catch you all next weekend at the Masq. Yeah... even you Patrick.

this being my 2nd time seeing the band I did not realize the first half is always the same. Makes sense now that you mentioned it. I did think the 2nd half was better this year than last year.

Will East or West be playing in Greenville, SC?

It will be Alex Skolnick, Chris Caffery, Mark wood, in Greenville so its the east coast in greenville.. i will be there, Its always Al Petrelli, Angus Clark, Anna Phoebe in Atlanta..It will be interesting to see both bands this year it was awesome last night.:headbang:

We enjoyed the show, as well. This year, I managed to find out about the ticket sales before they started, and snagged 3rd row floor seats. While it was pretty damn cool to be that close, we realized you kinda need to be a bit farther back in order to really appreciate the light show, and hear a good sound mix. We were close enough to be sitting under the suspended PA, so certain instruments would come and go depending on who was soloing at the time. Overall, though, it was an excellent show, as we've come to expect. It was great seeing Glenn & Cindy, James & Kathy, Pellaz and a few others there. Hope to see y'all next week at Nightwish!

--Mike

Yeap Mark Wood sure does still play with the East Coast. I too have also seen Van Helsings Curse a few years ago in Patchogue NY. He still brings out that neon green glow in the dark violin as well!

How do you guys know which group will play where? Or, which group will play in Columbus Ohio on the 27th of December?

Hey you will getting the "East Coast" band, with Alex Skolnick, Chris Caffery, Jeff plate, Mark wood, cause i'm seeing them In Greenville Sc also, Saw the West Coast band last night in Atlanta, it can be complicated sometimes..Hope that helps.:headbang:

Hey you will getting the "East Coast" band, with Alex Skolnick, Chris Caffery, Jeff plate, Mark wood, cause i'm seeing them In Greenville Sc also, Saw the West Coast band last night in Atlanta, it can be complicated sometimes..Hope that helps.:headbang:

Sweet...

I looked on their website hoping to find some matrix that shows who plays where - but no such luck. How do you know who will be where - some inside info or something?

I'm just wondering.

Sweet...

I looked on their website hoping to find some matrix that shows who plays where - but no such luck. How do you know who will be where - some inside info or something?

I'm just wondering.

Yeah i have a myspace page and Angus Clark told me who was going to be where, last year we had the West Coast band In Atlanta and Greenville, this year it's split Greenville has the East coast band, Atlanta had the west coast last night and thats the one with Angus clark, Al pitrelli, Anna Phoebe, John lee Middleton.. Its weird how it works and no one hardly does know what band is playing where i was so confused last year i had to myspace Angus Clark and Anna Phoebe and ask them..I hope this helps even more..:headbang:

Sweet...

I'm just wondering.

When TSO first started touring they broke into 2 groups to cover more dates in the short Christmas season. For the first 2 or 3 years the schedule was broken down into dates for TSO East and TSO West. During those years fans came to know which musicians were associated with each group. West's "core" features Al Pitrelli, Johnny Lee Middleton, Angus Clark, Tommy Farese, and narrator Tony Gaynor. The rest of the line up evolves over the years.
East consists of Chris Caffery, Mark Wood, and Jeff Plate.
For the last 2 or 3 years the schedule hasn't been broken down by group, but those of us who remember still refer to them as East and West.

As to who gets which group, the East and West basically played their side of the county, with a couple of exceptions. For example Atlanta has always had TSO West play, although we are in the East. Also, they both played scattered shows throughout the mid West. However, I think that they have always played the same cities from the start. There may be some exceptions, but fans have learned which group to expect.