TSO Spring 2010 tour dates

I wonder what the lineup wil be?? Would be nice to see Caffery, Middleton, Pitrelli and Plate together again!! Would also like to see Anna Phoebe, Tommy Farese and Jeff S. Soto.

Chris :headbang:

Stolen from the TSO forum,

Chris Caffery recently posted: "I can't wait to play with Al, it's been a long time. I love Alex and will miss him on the road. Al and I have a great chemistry live. The Dead Winter Dead Savatage band (minus vocalists of course) is doing this tour. That alone is so exciting to me!!!"

It appears that the following are "confirmed" for the spring TSO tour.

Guitar: Chris Caffery & Al Pitrelli
Bass: Johnny Lee Middleton
Drums: Jeff Plate
Keyboards: Vitalij Kuprij & Jane Mangini
Violin: Anna Phoebe

Stolen from the TSO forum,

Chris Caffery recently posted: "I can't wait to play with Al, it's been a long time. I love Alex and will miss him on the road. Al and I have a great chemistry live. The Dead Winter Dead Savatage band (minus vocalists of course) is doing this tour. That alone is so exciting to me!!!"

It appears that the following are "confirmed" for the spring TSO tour.

Guitar: Chris Caffery & Al Pitrelli
Bass: Johnny Lee Middleton
Drums: Jeff Plate
Keyboards: Vitalij Kuprij & Jane Mangini
Violin: Anna Phoebe

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We get Oliva on vox and it's on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still waiting on tix to go on sale!!

EOT - "Savastroker"???? LMAO :Smokin:

Yeah -Scholnick would work for me!! Going to see Teatament with Megadeth in March. Love Testament!!

You do know that Alex is not with Testament this time out right?

Oliva is out for the tour too-he will be prepping/doing JOP dates (including the Triton Power Cruise~ :headbang:)

Thread bump..

More info on TSO tickets:

http://trans-siberianexpress.com/news/news.php?uid=22

(must be a fan club member to gain access to site. Parts are quoted below)

Tickets will NOT BE transferable and the person who buys the tickets MUST be the person who comes to the show. You will be required to have the credit card you used to purchase the tickets and photo ID that matches that credit card in order to enter the venue night of show. This was all done to make sure we get as many of the tickets as possible directly into your hands.

The following dates will go on-sale to the Fan Club Tuesday, February 9th at 10am local venue time:

Cincinnati
Akron
Cleveland
Syracuse
Hershey
Erie
Philadelphia
New York
Wilkes Bare
Albany
Washington
Toronto
Buffalo
Columbus
Chicago
Grand Rapids
Detroit
Des Moines
Minneapolis
Kansas City
San Antonio
Houston
Dallas

The following dates will go on-sale to the Fan Club on Wednesday, February 10th at 10am local venue time:

Providence
Boston
Hartford
Pittsburgh
Milwaukee
Oklahoma City
Amarillo
St Louis

This will be your first and maybe only chance to purchase tickets. If the tickets sell out that is it. Anything remaining will go on-sale to the public beginning February 19th. (Some dates may go a bit later and they will be noted)

The Fan Club sale will end on February 14th.

Does this process seem a little ridiculous to anyone else?
It's good that they are limiting presale tickets to members only, but going paperless and having to match an ID with a credit card used to purchase the tickets at the door is a pain in the ass and will make lines at the venue a Helluva lot longer. I could see if these were VIP tickets where you get to meet the band and stuff, but these are regular tickets to the show, right? It's like we're purchasing tickets to attend a Presidential dinner or an airline flight something. Wonder if we get a full body cavity search at the door as well.
Ha! J/K
But seriously, I think this is a bit over-the-top. What is the person who bought the tickets had something come up? Does that mean everyone else that person bought tickets for can't go either?

Thread bump..

More info on TSO tickets:

http://trans-siberianexpress.com/news/news.php?uid=22

(must be a fan club member to gain access to site. Parts are quoted below)

That is total crap!!! I'm not 100% if i'll be able to go and would like to buy a ticket to guarantee my spot. But, I would also like the ability to re-sell the ticket or give it to a friend in case I'm not able to make it to Houston from San Diego. I realize there are scalpers and people that sell them on ebay for higher prices sometimes, but still....this pisses me off. **no chris caffery pun intended**

That is total crap!!! I'm not 100% if i'll be able to go and would like to buy a ticket to guarantee my spot. But, I would also like the ability to re-sell the ticket or give it to a friend in case I'm not able to make it to Houston from San Diego. I realize there are scalpers and people that sell them on ebay for higher prices sometimes, but still....this pisses me off. **no chris caffery pun intended**

My guess is that they've been scammed by scalpers pretty darn bad. I knew they restarted their fan club from scratch about 2 years ago just because of the scalper issue.

I don't like the idea one bit - but at least I understand why they did it.

A few random thoughts:

-Jon Oliva won't be doing this tour. Zak won't be doing it either (nobody mentions him even though he sang on Beethoven's last Night as well). Sad but true. I have no idea who's gonna be singing Jon's part, but it's a crucial role, so hopefully it's cast well.

-Most likely Rob Evan will be singing the part of Beethoven, which, in my opinion, is a genius move. For those who don't know him by name, Rob Evan sang "What Child Is This", "Back to a Reason", and "What Is Christmas?" on The lost Christmas Eve and "Epiphany" and "There Was a life" on Night Castle. He also is fairly well known for having played Jekyll and Hyde in the Musical "Jekyll & Hyde", as well as several other projects, such as his own band, Menrva Realm. Absolutely amazing voice. He sang "This Is Who You Are" back in 2002, and in my opinion will be absolutely brilliant in this role.

-They will be playing "Believe" in the second set of this tour, and as I mentioned - no Jon. Insert your own opinion here.

-Yes, tickets are only available to fanclub members - but it's free to join, so it's not like they're trying to rope you into spending extra money. They are solely available to people that way until further notice, but I doubt that will last long-term, eventually they'll probably release them more widely when they sell slowly.

-Yes, tickets are only available to fanclub members - but it's free to join, so it's not like they're trying to rope you into spending extra money. They are solely available to people that way until further notice, but I doubt that will last long-term, eventually they'll probably release them more widely when they sell slowly.

Public tickets go on sale on Feb. 19th according to their site.

That was supposed to be a joke, dude!! Oliva NEVER tours with TSO. In the early days of SO, he said he wouldn't tour because "he looked like a penguin in a tux!

So....he could just hang around in normal clothes. Heck, Paul O'Neill was just hanging out in 'rocker' duds (jeans, leather jacket, etc.) the last time he was in Atlanta with TSO....

I got 5th row center in Columbus. I'm having to travel a little for it, but figure it'd be worth it. Who knows if they'll do again in same settings (I always liked TSO more in the smaller venues then the arena's) and entire BLN.

I imagine they'll push all of Night Castle soon so not sure how long they'll stand behind BLN - I mean it's 10 years old now... Weird to be doing a debut tour on it.

Can't wait!

Row "L" in Columbus also...... This will be a GREAT show, and very cool to see them in a small venue again.

Is Vitalij still going to be the touring keyboardist???