tso this year

I just saw them on TSO west , first time and it was awesome...They have a few new players I guess and it was pretty rocking. I am going to see them every time they come from now on. I am bummed I missed them previously. They are coming back in the spring for a non Christmas tour ;)

Bear

I just saw them on TSO west , first time and it was awesome...They have a few new players I guess and it was pretty rocking. I am going to see them every time they come from now on. I am bummed I missed them previously. They are coming back in the spring for a non Christmas tour ;)

Bear

Heh. Really? Seems to me I've heard that before.

The first part of this years show was "same old, same old". Actually bored me to tears this time... Second part was better (IMO). A little fresher, a little heavier.

Saw TSO east in Richmond, VA in November.

First part of the show (Christmas) hasn't changed, though still good.

Second part of the show (metal) has changed somewhat. A lot of new songs off of Night Castle.

A few new characters, but Chris and Alex are still the stars, along with Anna Phoebe (the hot electric violinist) :lol:

Overall still worth the money. I had seats on the floor, four rows back from the stage. :)

Anyone know who's playing with which tour?
Also, anyone know which tour is coming to Nashville on Jan. 3rd? (I seem to have convinced some in-laws to get Nashville tickets. Hope it's gonna be good.... :heh: )

It seems the West has started to stay in the West instead of doing Eastern US dates, so I would expect it to be in East in Nashville.
Al is the last 'Tage member left on the West company. The East now has Caffery, Middleton, and Plate. Anna Pheobe is now on the East. Mark Woods seems to have dropped off entirely, with Roddy Chong assuming the lead violin on West. Skolnick is also on East.
At this point I'd rather see East, although I still prefer Tonny Gaynor's narration over Brian Hick's narration.

It seems the West has started to stay in the West instead of doing Eastern US dates, so I would expect it to be in East in Nashville.

Yeah, TSO-E and TSO-W never made much sense before. Kinda like the Atlanta Braves being seated in the National League's Western Division. :)

Al is the last 'Tage member left on the West company. The East now has Caffery, Middleton, and Plate. Anna Pheobe is now on the East. Mark Woods seems to have dropped off entirely, with Roddy Chong assuming the lead violin on West. Skolnick is also on East.
At this point I'd rather see East, although I still prefer Tonny Gaynor's narration over Brian Hick's narration.

Absolutely. Tony always did a splendid job with it, and the narration was just about the only blemish on the East show I saw last year.

Actually, Nashville gets West. East will be in Columbus on Jan. 3rd. I know this cause I am going to the C-bus show.

Either show is good, though I prefer the more rock concert-like atmosphere that East provides.

There was also this little hot firecracker that was badass on Violin named Caitlin Moe,she was awesome to say the least!

Bear

so how is the tso for this season?
worth going again?

Yes! Every year, TSO upgrades the light/laser/pyro effects, and this year did not disappoint!

Heh. Really? Seems to me I've heard that before.

But this time, I think they mean it!

Overall still worth the money. I had seats on the floor, four rows back from the stage. :)

I was 8th row in Vegas, but sat in the back of the house in Seattle. It was actually nice to take in the full effect of the lasers and the new video screens...although you miss out on seeing the interaction between performers.

Just saw the west last night in Houston. As much as love that first CD, the first half of the show needs to go. I would like to see it replaced with songs off the other Christmas CDs as well as Beethoven (my fav TSO CD). I REALLY miss Anna and Johnny, but still prefer the west just because of Al's work. The new lights are great, as are the pyro and lasers.

I went to the evening show, and there were a lot of empty seats. First half getting old or recession??

Chris :headbang:

I don't get the hate for the first half of the show? We have seen them from the start and I still love the first part with Christmas Eve and Other Stories. It is a christmas show after all. The second half rocks for sure, but I can't imagine a Christams Show without that first half. I heard a while ago about the spring tour, but we shall see. Hopefully BLN gets it proper due.

I don't get the hate for the first half of the show? We have seen them from the start and I still love the first part with Christmas Eve and Other Stories. It is a christmas show after all.

This.

Sure, many of us are jaded on the first album and the whole Christmas thing, but old-school metal fans and members of the Savatage Legion are not the primary audience the tour is catering to; it's people going out for an evening of Christmas music -- with loads of talent and a crunchier edge than most seasonal music, which to me is kinda nifty. If younger kids see the show's spectacle and think "hey, I'm kinda interested in playing that style of guitar or drums," then so much the better.

(And besides, IMHO the first CD is still pretty good in its own right.)