TSO Tour Dates!

We managed to get 3rd row floor seats last year, and will definitely avoid doing that again. With the Philips Arena setup, we ended up being under the PA speakers, which made the sound seem off the entire night. Plus, being that close in took away from getting the full effect of the light and stage show (plus, you can't see the platform at the back of the floor area). We'll be shooting for seats farther back this year. :)

Hmm, good points. Maybe I won't try so hard to get close seats. We were not far away from that back-of-the-floor flying platform, almost close enough to get singed. :)

As Biffle just stated....Jeff Scott Soto has been added as a vocalist on the West Coast trek! Although I agree with those who stated the show, although always solid, has become a bit monotanous, having JSS sing with them adds a small and pretty cool change to the show.

As Biffle just stated....Jeff Scott Soto has been added as a vocalist on the West Coast trek! Although I agree with those who stated the show, although always solid, has become a bit monotanous, having JSS sing with them adds a small and pretty cool change to the show.

I wonder how much he will be doing. Will he be guesting for one song, or all throughout the show.

I greatly enjoyed the arena show. HUGE, lots of eye candy with all the lasers and the falling snow, and definitely the elevating pedestal behind the sound board WHICH WE SAT NEXT TO-AH!!! I am going to try for the exact same seats as last year, cuz it was phenomenal.

TSO - Best arena show I've ever seen. Ever.

I am now hoping we get the West Coast roster in ATL as JSS is one of my all-time favorite singers! Also, thanks for the advice on the seating selection, Pellaz! BTW, when do the tix go onsale?

Hey Atlanta will get the Criss Caffery, Alex Skolnick side this year because their myspace pages has them on it atleast chris's page does and anna phoebe has knoxville Tennessee, Nashville and all the other west coast dates i really don't know why they are not playing atlanta because they always have. so No Anna for Atlanta this year Maybe road trip to see her and she is amazing, so its a little different this year, i saw both sides last year and i love both I will be going to greenville SC this year for 2 shows of the east coast band, they rocked last year..Its going to be good can't wait!!!

JSS is singing?? Man, now I'm REALLY pissed that they have stopped coming to Spokane. I guess we just aren't big enough to sell out an Arena and therefore not worth their time...

Hey Atlanta will get the Criss Caffery, Alex Skolnick side this year because their myspace pages has them on it atleast chris's !!!

You've got to be kidding me... The year JSS is playing with the west coast we get the east coast??? Is that what you're saying???? :cry:

Speaking of the East Coast tour. We saw Mark Wood (the electric violinist) a couple of weeks ago here in San Diego. He had been doing some kind of violin workshop herefor a music school, and did a solo night with a few other bands. He actually wasn't completely solo, as his kid, maybe 15, is doing drums along with him. He first jammed with a local band, and then set up for his own show. Amazing show. Towards the end, he had a special guest come up. Rachel Barton Pine, who is a great concert violinists, one of the bests from what I understand. They had been teaching together, and had her come in for his show. She came in and started off with some Paganini, maybe Caprice No. 5. Absolutely amazing, and got the crowd really going.

Rachel, who is an admitted speed metal freak!!! then started soloing, playing metal hits I didn't even think was possible on a 400 year old, Amati violin, then proceeded to jam with Mark. They ended with a rendition of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Freaking unbelievable night. Her violin was actually picked out by Brahms for a women violinist who played (very rare) when he was alive. That violin actually jammed with Brahms. How cool is that.

Speaking of the East Coast tour. We saw Mark Wood (the electric violinist) a couple of weeks ago here in San Diego. He had been doing some kind of violin workshop herefor a music school, and did a solo night with a few other bands. He actually wasn't completely solo, as his kid, maybe 15, is doing drums along with him. He first jammed with a local band, and then set up for his own show. Amazing show. Towards the end, he had a special guest come up. Rachel Barton Pine, who is a great concert violinists, one of the bests from what I understand. They had been teaching together, and had her come in for his show. She came in and started off with some Paganini, maybe Caprice No. 5. Absolutely amazing, and got the crowd really going.

Rachel, who is an admitted speed metal freak!!! then started soloing, playing metal hits I didn't even think was possible on a 400 year old, Amati violin, then proceeded to jam with Mark. They ended with a rendition of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Freaking unbelievable night. Her violin was actually picked out by Brahms for a women violinist who played (very rare) when he was alive. That violin actually jammed with Brahms. How cool is that.
Wow, that is beyond cool. Rachel is awesome.

I can;t believe we aren;t going to get the West Coast team the ONE FREAKING year that Jeff Scott Soto is going to be with them....OH THE HUMANITY>>>>>>>>>>>

You've got to be kidding me... The year JSS is playing with the west coast we get the east coast??? Is that what you're saying???? :cry:

Yeah its true the East coast band will play Atlanta this year as far as i can tell, unless something changes, if you find a myspace page for Anna you will see all the west coast dates and nearest to here is Knoxville or nashville..And criss Caffery's page has Atlanta, and the Greenville Sc shows i will be seeing I hope!!