Tue Madsen

It doesnt say it on his wiki, but apparently he mixed extols-blueprint dive's. I dont know what he does but his vocal mixes sound great always!

Haven't Gorefest done most of their stuff with Tue? Their latest: Rise to Ruin sounds awesome. Love the gtr sound -a mix of marshall and Recto

He seems to always make the vocals stand out with that doubleded effect. Its S I C K!

Really simple trick in fact:

i'm loving the new hatesphere....it's certainly overcompressed, but the overall thing just works perfectly for the music. it might be a bit fatiguing on monitors, but on consumer type speakers the mix sounds wicked. insanely heavy.

i have a feeling that he tends to mix with typical consumer speakers in mind.

+1
He still mix with his Behringer speaker and with small genelec (yammy HS50 before):loco:

Edit: about Hatespheres:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tue Madsen mixes = Headache inducing no matter how bad I want to like them.
Oh and Hatesphere without Jacob Bredahl isn't Hatesphere anymore afaiac.

Tracked in Perth but mixed by tue. 12k for 4 tracks. Gtrs were all as were tracked, 5150 and Mesa and framus cobra all through recto cab as far as I know. I believe overheads were tracked with electro kit, all drum samples were tues as well I believe. All programming of beats and glitches done by the vocalist. Keen to hear their new album, will be a similar method, track here, tue to mix. The pre pro tones for it are slamming.

Hmm, I've really gotta revisit my prices :lol:. The entire Untruth EP from the ground up was close to 1/3rd of that, and about a quarter of it was dispersed to other studios and for mastering.

The Eye of the Enemy guys told me similar things about his pricing, hence why they decided to think more locally for the mix. Tue was a fair bit more costly than even Nordstrom.

Other friends of mine are heading to new York to record with machine in 12 days. I imagine he'd be fairly pricy as well. Another band on our label just got back from tracking with steve evetts who did their album ground up and that was 40!!

Shit ain't cheap, but unfortunately, even if you got the game, you still need the name to command fees like that.

High-mid heavy, fatiguing & over-processed normally define his work to me. Granted I've only heard a few albums. If someone can suggest a 'magnum opus' I'd be more than happy to give it a spin.

+1 unfortunately. His mixes for The Haunted are alright to me, but Heaven Shall Burn's Iconoclast just sounds horrible to me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I think the guitars on that album are really nothing more than white noise with a huge high mid hump. Most of the time you can't hear them at all, IMO.

all you guys talking about how over-compressed this or that mix is, i can tell you this;i work for the same label reps as Tue and every other mixer, and there are definitely pressures to compress quite heavily... so before you think too poorly of a mixer, think about what they've been asked to do and by whom.

expectations are what expectations are... to ignore them is at your peril (employment-wise).

I'm calling BS on that pricing. My buddies band is going to record a full-length there, tracking included for around 2/3 of that.