Tuesday night Apocalypse

Kenneth R.

Cináed
Oct 28, 2004
Hallways of Always
Saw Evergrey last night in London, and they were definitely rocking hard. :kickass: They played many of my favorite older songs and a few new ones, which sounded quite good. I share the opinion of some of you wondering about the tone difference on the new album, but let me say that live - it was awesome.

If I could remember :lol:

They played MMA, A Touch of Blessing, Recreation Day, Mark of the Triangle, I'm Sorry, When the Walls Go Down, The Masterplan, More Than Ever, Watching The Skies, Rulers of the Mind, End of Your Days. I may be forgetting one or so, and not in that order :Spin:

Absolutely brilliant gig last night - The underworld's size is always surpassed by the atmosphere it creates. Overall great set, even though it was more a showcase of old material rather than promoting MMA. Anyway, well done Evergrey for rockin' the Underworld !

On a side note - I somewhat feel sorry for Michael for having to put up with my constant photo taking, interest in his shoes and touching of bass guitar. Speaking of which.. A formal hello to the chick who was obsessed with his legs *waves*, and the three guys whom were headbanging with moi (sorry guys, your names escape me).

Overall a great show.

PS - For those of you who were wondering where Michael's pick dissapeared to during the set, you'll be glad to hear it's safely contained in my box of various signed merch and picks, mwhahaha :lol:

Yeah, that rocked hard. I'm still hoarse this morning from all the singing, yelling and shouting. Good to finally see Evergrey headlining as we got a really good long set this time, rather than the shorter support shows they've done previously, such as at Bloodstock and with James LaBrie.

How cool was the crowd singing a good chunk of "I'm Sorry" whilst the boys looked on. There was a fair old sing-along going on throughout I thought.

The band certainly looked like they enjoyed the reaction they received. Hopefully it'll get a few good reviews elsewhere in the press too.

acircularmotive said:
Absolutely brilliant gig last night - The underworld's size is always surpassed by the atmosphere it creates. Overall great set, even though it was more a showcase of old material rather than promoting MMA. Anyway, well done Evergrey for rockin' the Underworld !

On a side note - I somewhat feel sorry for Michael for having to put up with my constant photo taking, interest in his shoes and touching of bass guitar. Speaking of which.. A formal hello to the chick who was obsessed with his legs *waves*, and the three guys whom were headbanging with moi (sorry guys, your names escape me).

Overall a great show.

PS - For those of you who were wondering where Michael's pick dissapeared to during the set, you'll be glad to hear it's safely contained in my box of various signed merch and picks, mwhahaha :lol:
:lol: dude i was the guy to your left :wave:

Great gig indeed. Is it me or do they not play stuff from The Dark Discovery.... at all? :err:

Tom is an awesome frontman, Michael is one scary metal motherfucking god :kickass: and Henrik just slays with those touch-tapping skilllzzzz :worship:

Worth standing in the rain for 20minutes more than we should of :p

"Did you download the album maaan??!

DID YOU DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM?!?!

.........me too!" -Tom S. Englund.

What a legend :kickass: :kickass:

Rebellion said:
"Did you download the album maaan??!

DID YOU DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM?!?!

.........me too!" -Tom S. Englund.

What a legend :kickass: :kickass:
Explain, I want to hear what this was all about.

Kenneth R. said:
someone was shouting for a song off MMA :lol:

oh, lol :)

What about a setlist? Im curious of everything they played. Im not good at remembering setlists either, im usually not good with song names. Its usually like, TRACK 7, I LOVE THIS ONE! :lol:

The setlist was (Not in Order):

Solitude Within
Nosferatu
The Masterplan
Rulers Of The Mind
Watching the Skies
Mark Of The Triangle
End Of Your Days
Recreation Day
I'm Sorry
Blinded
A Touch Of Blessing
More Than Ever
When The Walls Go Down
Monday Morning Apocalypse

I'm missing one, and if I remember right, it was She Speaks To The Dead... but i'm not dead sure.

Rebellion said:
Michael is one scary metal motherfucking god :kickass:
So true. He throws some wicked shapes with his bass guitar. :headbang: :headbang: One of my favourite moments was right at the end when he at the edge of the stage, and the guys in the front row in front of him were 'playing' his bass for him (sort of!). He really gets up close to the audience.

To answer C.O.T.L.O.D., they did play She Speaks To The Dead

Awesome gig, got a pick, and also met them in The World's End next door a couple of hours before the gig, me and my girlfriend got out Inner Circle booklets signed by the band :)

Definitely the best I've seen Evergrey, if they had the choir and the string quartet it may have even beaten the DVD......