turds in my jam!

MRBEAST

See my member
May 3, 2001
THE DEN OF THIEVES
Visit site
scared ya huh!:loco:
i was just makeing me some toast and got some marmelade out of the fridge to put on it. i openned up the jar and some gross fuck got peanutbutter in my jelly! i hate that shit! it looks like little turds floating in it!

i think ya told me that last time i posted about jam turds. it really grosses me out to open it and find pieces of peanut butter floating in it. i guess it sounds like something somebody with ocd would say. im real easily grossed out about stuff i eat though...

i would think Peanut Butter is not so popular outside US... am I right or wrong?? In Brasil it never was popular. I like it. But I preffer Doce de Leite (Dulce de Leche). The best dulce de leche are the ones made in Argentina or Uruguay.

in fact, the only peanut butter brand available in Brasil is Amendocrem (Amendoin=peanut ; creme=cream ; amendocrem=peanucream :p)

Its even hard to find in supermarkets. I think too few people would buy it. That sucks. Now that I was discovering new ways to eat it...

AcesHigh said:
in fact, the only peanut butter brand available in Brasil is Amendocrem (Amendoin=peanut ; creme=cream ; amendocrem=peanucream :p)

Its even hard to find in supermarkets. I think too few people would buy it. That sucks. Now that I was discovering new ways to eat it...

you forgot the "T" peanucream sounds like something else:loco:
in the US we got too many brands to imagine. i like chunky style better, the brands i like best are skippy or peterpan or superman. peterpan and superman are the same thing from the same company, just with different labels. theres also jif and reeses (named after the candy i already mentioned) and theres laura scudders (old fashioned style that the oil floats to the top and ya gotta stir it up before ya use it) theres smuckers and they make goobergrape-peanutbutter and grape jelly in sections in the same jar. it looks really gross but it tastes good.
theres lots of other brands but those are the big brands that i can think of at the moment.

Sonnenritter said:
Getting peanut butter in the jam and vice versa is a crime punishable by death in this house. Well, not really, but I'm not too pleased with the situation when it does happen.

at least i know it isnt just me now. i think it's nasty and everyone here acts like ive gone over the edge if i say anything about it.

Whenever I go to Villiage Inn, I steal ass loads of Strawberry jam. I think it's Smuckers but I haven't been to V. I. in a long time. Does peanut butter stay good as long as you don't open it? :ill:

MRBEAST said:
i think ya told me that last time i posted about jam turds.
I can't have told you about it before cos I've only just found out for myself.

I love peanut butter but everyone else in my family hates it so we don't have it very often. It's goes really well with chocolate hazelnut spread and Sun Pat used to do do the two mixed together in one jar, which was very sickly but yummy. I think the only people that make peanut butter over here are Sun Pat and the supermarkets that have their own brands.

if you cook sweetened condensed milk (like the one from Nestlé) for I dont know how much time you will end up with some kind of Dulce de Leche. Of course, not as good as real dulce de leche. But at least u can make it at home if you cant find in north america. I only hope its possible to find decent sweetened condensed milk there.

Hey what are you guys going on about? Peanut Butter is quite popular here and ...(get ready for this)..... it is popular with apricot jam (or jelly like you americans would say) Actually quite nice, you should try it. Peanut Butter and apricot jam sandwitch..... yum!

MetallicaSux said:
Hey what are you guys going on about? Peanut Butter is quite popular here and ...(get ready for this)..... it is popular with apricot jam (or jelly like you americans would say) Actually quite nice, you should try it. Peanut Butter and apricot jam sandwitch..... yum!

i think grape jelly is the most popular here-dont ask me why! maybe it's cuz of the tom & jerry glasses welches comes in:loco:
we call it jelly, but what it says on the jar when ya buy it depends on whats in it. if it says jelly on the jar it's all gell. if it says jam it has fruit pieces in the gell. if it says preserves it's mostly fruit or all fruit spread with little or no gell in it.

AcesHigh said:
if you cook sweetened condensed milk (like the one from Nestlé) for I dont know how much time you will end up with some kind of Dulce de Leche. Of course, not as good as real dulce de leche. But at least u can make it at home if you cant find in north america. I only hope its possible to find decent sweetened condensed milk there.
If you boil a tin of Fussell's condensed milk for three hours in a pan of water you get toffee. My mum does that when she's making Banoffee pie.

Lady Vampy said:
If you boil a tin of Fussell's condensed milk for three hours in a pan of water you get toffee. My mum does that when she's making Banoffee pie.

hmm... yes... but toffee has a more hard consistency i think. Anyway, just boiling condensed milk wont give you TRUE dulce de leche. I think there are some recipes to get dulce de leche direct from milk. Its not EASY but it doesnt seems so hard too. Of course, its always easier to buy it ready!