TURISAS – TO RELEASE 'RASPUTIN' AS A SINGLE

Doobiedoo

Oct 30, 2006
Worcester, England
Will the cover song Turisas play live "Rasputin" ever make it onto a CD? Any news on whether it'll even be recorded at all?

It would also be nice to have a better quality recording of Those were the Days done.
:headbang:

aye, i'll second that, would be fucking ace to have a good recording of both.
maybe it would be set as a bonus track for the new CD?
both songs seem to have such an intence reactions for the fans it would be daft to just leave it as a gig thing only.

-e

owentheyo said:
Then again, it could work the other way as being one of those cult things that can only be experienced in concert. I'm really not fussed either way.

Do the band ever play Those Were The Days live?
they did in london a little while back.
fuckin epic.

not seen it live any other time though. shame really.

-e

<3'ed Those Were the Days live, such a good cover :) Can't wait to see what else Turisas can come up with, but a recording (even if live) would be nice of Rasputin.

I was wondering whether we'll get Turisas' Rasputin cover on the new album or as an extra on a single or something..

...are we getting it? / Do you think we'll get it?

i personally think it would be great as a bonus on limeted editions of the new album or maybe put on a single... its so cool live, and is also an awesome song (when metalised)...

so yeah, discuss!:loco:

It's one of those things that would be good either way, but I'm more in favor of it being only performed live. Which would make it another good reason to see Turisas live, other than the fact they are fucking brilliant.

Russia's greatest love machine :kickass:

I only saw a short bit of it on Youtube a long while back. I hope its recorded, I don't want to have to wait untill whenever they get a chance to paly over here :(

What they should do, imo, is record it when they do it live, and then one of three things:

*Make it available to download on Myspace.com
*Make it a b-side to a single release
*Or add it on to an album, maybe make a special edition along with maybe another couple of live tracks or some b-sides.

Ahhh i want Rasputin hehehe it sounds better than the original hehehe i have a better quality those were the days :) brilliant

I don't see why anyone would be against this being recorded properly to be honest. I mean it does show the much missed side of turisas that doesn&#8217;t come across unless you see them smacking each other with branches on stage. Of course I&#8217;m referring to the genius tongue in cheer humour, not possibly masochistic tendencies.
HA!
It&#8217;s a really amusing cover imo and would be a fantastic thing to release as either a b-side or even better, a very VERY limited edition so that only the fair few loyal fans could acquire it.
good plan, good plan....

-e

I don't see why anyone would be against this being recorded properly to be honest. I mean it does show the much missed side of turisas that doesn’t come across unless you see them smacking each other with branches on stage. Of course I’m referring to the genius tongue in cheer humour, not possibly masochistic tendencies.
HA!
It’s a really amusing cover imo and would be a fantastic thing to release as either a b-side or even better, a very VERY limited edition so that only the fair few loyal fans could acquire it.
good plan, good plan....

-e

You luff those suspect tendancies, don't deny it.

I'm not sure that the homour of the band's live covers would be apparent if it was a studio recording - maybe they should record the songs straight from the mixing desk when they play it live and just pick the best recording for a B-side :zombie:

rasputin.jpg

Cover art by Steve Brown

Finland's battle metallers Turisas will be swapping their blood soaked
furs and axes for the glitter & glitz of the 70's disco era with the
release of their debut single 'Rasputin' on 24th September.

On the release of their interpretation of the classic disco hit
originally by Boney M, Warlord Nygard comments "We've been begged to
record Rasputin pretty much since we first played it live a couple of
years back. It's amazing how popular this cover version of ours have
become at our gigs during the last year and it really makes us feel
like we must have done something right here looking at big crowds
going totally mental over a 70's disco hit! I remember getting the
idea for this cover years back - in 2001 I think. I was on a ferry
trip between Finland and Sweden and there was this cover band
performing 70's disco hits. The minute they blasted 'Rasputin' I knew,
that at some point, we would need to do it in some form or another. It
was just obvious that it would work amazingly well given a slightly