TURISAS - conquer Europe with ICED EARTH!

JW

Admin
Nov 21, 2006
www.turisas.com
TURISAS - conquer Europe with ICED EARTH!

Right while packing and selling out clubs on their 1st UK headlining tour and after unleashing the fantastic clip of their insane Boney M. cover version “Rasputin” - which has already passed the mark of 45.000 plays on MySpace (in less than one week (!!!) - the Finnish folk metal warriors have been confirmed as support of US metal gods ICED EARTH!

“So far our journey hasn’t brought us to countries like Spain and Italy yet. Thus, we are delighted to finally bring them a taste of Battle Metal. Make sure you show up early!” speaks the Warlord.

After TURISAS turned many audiences at this year’s festivals into berserk-style dancing and hell-banging maniacs as on Download (UK), with people climbing up the sides of the tent at Wacken (D) and a whole amphitheatre standing up for them at Rock Hard (D), the Finnish battle lords finally head out on a high-profile European tour with Iced Earth and Annihilator in October! See below for the exact dates!

TURISAS’ version of “Rasputin” will be available on the “Rasputin” Single, which will hit stores on the following dates:

OUT: Monday, September 24, 2007.

except:

GERMANY: Friday, September 21, 2007.
SPAIN: Tuesday, September 25, 2007.
FINLAND: Wednesday, September 26, 2007.

It will be released as CD-Single also including the band’s classic tune „Battle Metal“ as well as strictly limited Picture 7” vinyl featuring “The Court Of Jarisleif” as B-Side. If you haven’t watched the “Rasputin” clip yet, do it now by clicking HERE!

On tour with Iced Earth and Annihilator:

08.10.07 (D) Cologne – Live Music Hall
09.10.07 (D) Munich - Backstage Werk
10.10.07 (I) Milan - Alcatraz
12.10.07 (ES) Zaragoza - Interpenas
13.10.07 (ES) Barcelona - Sala Razzmatazz 1
15.10.07 (CH) Pratteln - Z7
16.10.07 (A) Graz - Orpheum
17.10.07 (A) Vienna - Planet Music
18.10.07 (CZ) Brno - Fleda
19.10.07 (D) Berlin - Columbia Club
21.10.07 (SE) Malmö - Kulturbolaget
22.10.07 (NO) Oslo - Rockefeller
23.10.07 (SE) Gothenburg - Tragarn
25.10.07 (SE) Stockholm - Tirol
26.10.07 (DK) Copenhagen - Pumpehuset
28.10.07 (D) Hamburg - Markthalle
30.10.07 (D) Stuttgart - Longhorn LKA
31.10.07 (F) Paris - Elysee Montmatre
01.11.07 (NL) Tilburg - 13
02.11.07 (B) Antwerp - Hof Ter Lo

Check out what UK has to say about Turisas:

"Nothing competes with these Finnish metal warriors not even sanity" – Kerrang!

"Turisas kick an amount of ass roughly the same size as Wales" - Metal Hammer

"A repertoire of anthemic songs that wouldn't sound out of place on the soundtrack to 'Braveheart'" - Caughtinthecrossfire

"That's the best accordion solo in a heavy metal I've ever heard" - Biff from Saxon

Visit TURISAS on the web:

http://www.thevarangianway.com

http://www.turisas.com

http://www.myspace.com/turisasofficial

In the UK, Iced Earth will support Heaven+Hell (Black Sabbath wih Dio) together with Lamp Of God. No Turisas there

Yeah I saw but I would rather see Turisas :(

And I mean "Europe" tour not "UK" tour, corrected now. >_<

btw. the fact, that they are touring with iced earth has an unnice side-effect. the ticket prices are preeetty high. in switzerland its 32e... and i am not sure if i am going to pay this amount for seeing a band that i've already seen 15times so far.. also, iced earth are absolutely not my taste of music (although i think they are 'good', objectivly judged) and i most certainly wouldnt see their whole set anyway.. plus it would be two hours driving for me in total, and i somewhat think, that i dont wanna ruin that immense live-experience i had last time when i saw turisas performing at gloria in helsinki in august... fuck i still think it was somewhat historical :-D

for turisas only, it's expensive of course. And turisas will not play more than a half hour I think.
But together with iced earth and annihilator, the package is really good and the price is as always for such tours.
I'm really looking forward to see them again in switzerland, this will be the 4th time I see them.
On the same weekend is also the dimmu borgir/amon amarth show. yeahh, just 1 week to go...

well you rarely have a band touring during summertime in europe either :) summer is time for festivals and not touring. it gives you somewhat a 'rhythm' in having 2-3 days in your country and leaving for 1-3 festivals abroad for the weekend. fuck i miss summer already now, and its not winter yet..

but i really think that there will be soo many more bands coming over for tours in the near future.. we'll see.

We don't have good festivals :(

Edit: Postjumped on Turisas Boards :O!
Yeah small concerts rule over huge outdoor/stadium stages.

fuck i just found out that i already bought a ticket some weeks ago and compleeetely forgot about it. i bought it when dark tranquillity was supposed to be iced earth's co-headliner, but now they have their own tour. goddamn, its too many gigs (dimmu/amon amarth on sat, turisas/iced earth on monday, dark tranquillity on wed and skyforger on sat).. well, maybe i could sell the turisas one, i need mooooneeeeyyyyy. but i guess i will drop by in that case. although its so far away. argh!

fuck i just found out that i already bought a ticket some weeks ago and compleeetely forgot about it. i bought it when dark tranquillity was supposed to be iced earth's co-headliner, but now they have their own tour. goddamn, its too many gigs (dimmu/amon amarth on sat, turisas/iced earth on monday, dark tranquillity on wed and skyforger on sat).. well, maybe i could sell the turisas one, i need mooooneeeeyyyyy. but i guess i will drop by in that case. although its so far away. argh!

hahaha one day you´ll forget your head somewhere, my girl! :lol: or you´ll forget where you are (hmm didn´t that already happen to us?!?! :p ).

we already got our tickets for vienna, actually we bought them for iced earth but even better that turisas will support them know! ;)

so this was it.. turisas finally back in switzerland. sadly the line-up really didnt produce the audience, turisas would have deserved.. the crowd was small - i bet its because the entrance was too high and turisas as a support-act were only able to play a 30 min set then. well, but nevertheless, a big show was provided to the crowd. only filmed one song (a portage to the unknown). a huge BRAVO to netta who replaced janne in such a short time, wouldnt be able to do it (also not to be on tour with ~30 guys ;-P)

annihilator was surprisingly really good. i didnt know their stuff before, but they really kicked ass. iced earth again was rather dissapointing (like at wacken, IMO), its just not the same anymore without THE VOICE, but well. not even the oh-so-true-heavy crowd liked the first half of IE, but the last few songs saved their mood (and i did even know one of those, whooo-ah!).

all in all a nice evening, way too less aftershowparty as well as too less bands which were +/- attracting the same audience (e.g. blackish/folkish stuff and heavy/power things), not to make boring line-ups sounding the same all over, but this was a pity for a band like turisas. too less drunk too. its not the same as in dear helsinki sadly. and thanks for gl-ing me :) really appreciated

well, remaining questions for today..

- why is there never a good aftershow party at z7 and why do my friends always need to leave that early? :-(
- why is z7 not located closer where i live??
- why did matt barlow left IE? :(
- does turisas have a discount on importing kultainen harmonikan holders? or will they get the 3rd one for free? :p
- why do i have physics lectures tomorrow at 8am.. goddamn

turisas was good as always yesterday. For me, this was the best setlist they ever played when I saw them. And no (violin)solo at all. I like such things, but when you only have 30min to play you should play songs. And that's what they did this time. And I think the Warlord is much better in reacting with the fans than 2 years ago! And the crowd was better than on the with full force, in my opinion.
I didn't think the crowd was small. In fact, I was surprised about how many people were there. It was a monday, and there was the amon/dimmu show on saturday. I liked it as it was. A too full Z7 (like on saturday) is also not always fun.

I saw annihilator the second time this year, Jeff is just a god on guitars :)
They are much better than on CD. They are a real live band.

Iced Earth really impressed me. I just know the latest 2 CDs and I can't say what was better on matt barlow. But for me, Tim did a good job, I hope too see them again somewhen.

- why is z7 not located closer where i live??
same question here

- why do i have physics lectures tomorrow at 8am.. goddamn
had a mathematics test at 8am :)