Turisas and ProgPower XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

blulou

Heathen
Sep 14, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Yesterday, the management of Turisas decided that they did not want to have the band play ProgPower XI after they begged the metal fest to let them play only a month earlier. They just sent an email to the promoter that said the new album release date was being pushed back and they would not be performing. Nevermind the fans that bought tickets for the festival that were planning on their attendance. Nevermind the people that sponsored them in a blind bid (myself included). Don't worry about issuing an apology or letter to the PPXI attendees or promoter. I sure hope the band reads this and realizes what an [DELETED FROM CARI BECAUSE insulting] Don't worry, the promoter was able to engage a last minute replacement band that will be appreciated. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Please calm down. I understand you're upset. Stuff like this happens, it's not the band's fault and calling people "wankers" never solved ANYTHING in the past.

that's why, imho, you should never buy tickets to a festival if there's only one band playing that you like.

Turisas isn't the kind of band to turn their back on fans. I expect that the band will issue some statement to this respect and we can all take it from there.

I hate it when good bands' reputation gets dragged through mud because of business deals signed by business people.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Firstly: even if it is not pleasing to get such news- stay polite.

Secondly:I can ensure you that a statment from the band WILL follow. And I am not saying this out of the blue because I feel like it.

Oh and: there is already a thread in the gig section. Therefore: closed.

Firstly: even if it is not pleasing to get such news- stay polite.

Secondly:I can ensure you that a statment from the band WILL follow. And I am not saying this out of the blue because I feel like it.

Oh and: there is already a thread in the gig section. Therefore: closed.

Posted this on the thread under the "Gigs" section as well, please continue discussion there

Statement from the band:

As you may have already found out, TURISAS have been forced to cancel their scheduled appearance at ProgPower USA XI Festival on 10 September. The reason for this is changes beyond our control to the album production schedule, which in turn has radically changed our planned touring schedule for 2010. This meant that ProgPower, instead of being a great way to kick off a US tour, would have ended up being a one-off show. The band simply could not afford to fly over from Helsinki and back for one festival.

Having spent then a week trying to find a realistic way to get round this and still make the show happen (but without success), the management and booking agency had to make the hard decision to cancel. To make matters worse, there were then some communication problems which meant that the promoter did not find out what was going on nearly as soon as he should have.

The band is sincerely sorry about it all, first for having to cancel the gig, and second for the poor communication about the changed schedule. Everybody in the Turisas camp was excited about appearing at ProgPower USA and kicking off a US tour in September, and we're sorry for not being able to make it there as planned. Apologies go to all of you who wanted to see us at the festival as well as anyone who made the "blind sponsorship bids" for this festival gig, and of course the promoter and festival organizers who work hard to put these bills together in the first place.

We fully intend to make up for this mess in the near future - we WILL be back in the States very soon and will make sure nothing like this happens again.

Warlord Nygard & Olli Vanska / Turisas

Status
Not open for further replies.