Statement from Turisas

So glenn - would they be re-invited for future PPs?

Yeah, hope all the bridges weren't burned. :) As I've said "a couple of times": They're a fantastic live band. Any music festival would only benefit from having them on.

And they are fair dudes (and a dudette).
Earlier this year, the Australian tour dates was threatened to be cancelled because of a promoter company had pulled out of all tour commitments, the band didn't give up and negotiated with some other one, and the tour was made possible again.

As Jasonic said: Bands have cancelled for far lamer reasons. ;)

*Returning to Turisas' base, still peeking through the keyhole*

I'd almost rather you bitches continue to war than dance around in a lovefest.
I'm not lost. Totally on board with that one. If the bitches stop bitching and start loving each other, I'll have no opportunity to make pithy, obscure comments only Pellaz seems to get. :saint:

I'm just glad I didn't spend any $ on their CDs checking them out. I'll spend it at Glenn's table on next years bands.

I like the fact that Turisas was even considered ProgPower worthy. The response at their announcement was great. I'd like to see this mean that the inclusion of other "like" bands would be valid as well.

In that regard, I recommend Korpiklaani, Finntroll, or Alestorm under the category of "gimmicky folk band that puts on an awesome, engaging show."