Arcturus cancel ProgPower USA; Replacement Announced

But can you be more specific?
Neil

I can to a certain extent since this isn't going out in a press release. I was told one thing and that statment from them said something opposite. It was basically polishing a steaming turd. I do agree there was a lot more behind the scenes than I was told. It may indeed been Sverd for all I know. Hell, I would have preferred to hear that than what I was told.

The difference between you and & I is that I don't give a fuck about any of it other than the way they canceled on me. This is costing me a lot of money and wasted effort.

To illustrate my point further, I have never dealt with such an unprofessional group of individuals. I worked my ass off to confirm to them. We promote them for months. It then comes time to get the visa information and I get *silence.* I politely nudged them consistently over a two month period to get me the information. Nothing. I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply for an update at one point. If you knew something was up two months ago, step up and be professional about it.

I can to a certain extent since this isn't going out in a press release. I was told one thing and that statment from them said something opposite. It was basically polishing a steaming turd. I do agree there was a lot more behind the scenes than I was told. It may indeed been Sverd for all I know. Hell, I would have preferred to hear that than what I was told.

The difference between you and & I is that I don't give a fuck about any of it other than the way they canceled on me. This is costing me a lot of money and wasted effort.

To illustrate my point further, I have never dealt with such an unprofessional group of individuals. I worked my ass off to confirm to them. We promote them for months. It then comes time to get the visa information and I get *silence.* I politely nudged them consistently over a two month period to get me the information. Nothing. I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply for an update at one point. If you knew something was up two months ago, step up and be professional about it.

I want to personally thank you for taking the effort and funds to try and get this band on ProgPower! I was totally shocked when I saw the announcement in September. You did all you can do and it's their loss! They have more dedicated fans than they realize. -Luke

Goddamn it sucks to read this.

After several months of getting myself psyched to see a band I never thought I'd ever see, I guess I have to gear back into the idea that I will likely never see them. :erk:

Wow... :erk:

edit: and the current lineup for Arcturus isn't even that busy....yeah, Hellhammer does a lot, but what has Vortex been up to since Dimmu kicked him out? is Sverd playing with anyone these days? Or Skoll?

Vortex has recorded a solo album that he's planning on touring behind, and he's also back with Borknagar, who just signed a new deal with Century Media and is recording an album this summer, I believe. Hellhammer is touring with Mayhem for most of the year, and I believe that Tore is still with Jorn, who I'm sure is playing some festivals this summer.

I said it the other day and I'll say it again now:
Those ungrateful bastards that keep emailing Glenn demanding their money back because Arcturus pulled their con on all of us should be kicked in the face. I'm so angry!!!

I wonder if it would help posting a list w names and addresses of those fuckheads on the homepage so they could be publicly humiliated for their stupidity and for trying to make the situation even worse for the promoter!?

Ughhh!

Arcturus was nothing more than a curiosity to me as I could nor get into the cd I purchased at the Insider Sale last year. Ihsahn sounds more like something I would enjoy anyway. Time to start researching!

Ditto. Arcturus is the only band I had not yet purchased music from, as I just didn't like the clips I had listened to... I was 1-2 weeks from buying anyway, so now I can put that $$ towards Ihsahn.

I said it the other day and I'll say it again now:
Those ungrateful bastards that keep emailing Glenn demanding their money back because Arcturus pulled their con on all of us should be kicked in the face. I'm so angry!!!

I wonder if it would help posting a list w names and addresses of those fuckheads on the homepage so they could be publicly humiliated for their stupidity and for trying to make the situation even worse for the promoter!?

Ughhh!

Goddammit Claus, you've only lived in the South for a few years and you already want to lynch people! :lol:

It boggles my mind that people are willing to spend money for a ticket, (a large distance to) travel, food, and lodging for one single band scheduled to play for an hour.

Not saying it's wrong, just that I can't imagine the dedication.

I know someone who got tickets (GOLD BADGES, actually) to ProgPower when Andre Matos was supposed to play, then got VERY upset when he cancelled and refused to go to ProgPower. She got the time off work, the hotel booked, etc..., and was pissed when she couldn't get her money back. I tried to encourage her to go anyway, since she spent the money, had the time off, and the hotel booked, why not go? But she refused. And some of her friends had the audacity to call Glenn a thief because he wouldn't refund her gold badges.

If a band cancels, and you REFUSE to go to a concert, YOU DON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Ticketmaster doesn't refund for you choosing not to go. Why should Glenn? That's something that these people failed (and some Arcturus fans, apparently) to understand. If you got sick the last minute and couldn't go, you wouldn't get your money back. Emergency pops up and you can't go? You're still SOL. Unless the entire fest was cancelled, and people couldn't go because of -that-, you're not going to get your money back.

It boggles my mind that people are willing to spend money for a ticket, (a large distance to) travel, food, and lodging for one single band scheduled to play for an hour.

It boggles my mind too, but people do it. I could never justify it personally. I'd need at least 3 awesome bands to warrant flights, tickets, food and hotel

I bought my first PP ticket due to PowerQuest's being on the bill...

I am happy as hell that I didn't try to sell my ticket, and instead met Orphaned Land, Sabaton, Circus Maximus...

Fans will be fans. I would most likely not do it just for one band...except of course if it was Saxon. :lol:

Those ungrateful bastards that keep emailing Glenn demanding their money back because Arcturus pulled their con on all of us should be kicked in the face.

This is the 3rd post I've seen about this. I suppose I have to believe you.

Given the nature of this festival, there is ALWAYS the risk of a cancellation... which is why we are all happy that Blackguard is there to fill the gaps.

To demand a refund... that makes less sense than a Panda Bear driving a Formula1 car.

This is the 3rd post I've seen about this. I suppose I have to believe you.

Given the nature of this festival, there is ALWAYS the risk of a cancellation... which is why we are all happy that Blackguard is there to fill the gaps.

To demand a refund... that makes less sense than a Panda Bear driving a Formula1 car.

And it's not even the nature of this festival in particular...it happens to ALL music festivals of all genres. You'd think these people have never been to a concert before.