ProgPower USA XII DVD Ordering Info

Got my video today too. Listening/watching while I'm working this afternoon.

Just noticed Haken's guitar player has what appears to be an 8-string guitar but the frets aren't parallel. I've never seen a guitar like that. What is it?

Edit: Just thought to look at their website: "Custom built fan-fretted 8 string"

they are actually more popular than you would expect. the lower strings (F#, B, E, etc) have a longer scale length for more tension, and the higher strings have less scale length for less tension. magnificent actually.

they are actually more popular than you would expect. the lower strings (F#, B, E, etc) have a longer scale length for more tension, and the higher strings have less scale length for less tension. magnificent actually.

Interesting. I'm embarrassed to admit I even played guitar for awhile and hadn't seen fan frets before (although I was much more into keyboards). Any other metal guitarists who use one?

You're welcome. Also is there anything I can do to help further this process?

When I got delivery confirmation and it said it was sent to AL, I checked my address - nope I am still in Colorado. I contacted LL and they have another one on the way to me. I am guessing the best thing is either shoot it back to them or bring it to this year's Fest - where you can probably return in to them at the pre - order table (there will be filming this year Glenn/Jen? ;-) while sipping on a beverage courtesy of yours truly just for being a cool and honest person :)

Cheers
jeff

right on man. Glad LL got it sorted for you. It's a helluva watch!

watched half of the video last night. Very cool!!!!! Obvious though that Vanden Plas did some post work on their stuff though

I started watching the video last night, but holy cow what were they thinking with that shaky/grainy cam effect - it's unwatchable (for me) in those parts, I feel like my eyes are going to flip back in my head like a slot machine!

Am I crazy?

I started watching the video last night, but holy cow what were they thinking with that shaky/grainy cam effect - it's unwatchable (for me) in those parts, I feel like my eyes are going to flip back in my head like a slot machine!

Am I crazy?

Deron, I completely agree with your sentiment. I think I would have used some creative transitions between the camera shots, instead of trying to make it look like one of those old time films like we used to watch in grade school. Good to know I'm not the only one though. But I will say, overall, I really like how the DVD came out..