Arcturus cancel ProgPower USA; Replacement Announced

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Ihsahn replaces Arcturus at ProgPower USA XII Festival

Former EMPEROR frontman, Ihsahn has been confirmed to replace Arcturus at this year’s edition of the annual progressive & power metal festival held in Atlanta, GA September 2011.

Arcturus have issued the following statement regarding their cancellation:

“Arcturus still suffer from hibernation sickness, and due to outdated parts we deeply regret to inform you: We are canceling Progpower USA. This lack of maintenance is entirely our own fault, and sincere apologies go out to the promoter and all ticket holders, especially those of you who had planned to travel far..”

ProgPower USA Promoter, Glenn Harveston, adds:

“I have no idea what the hell that statement means. I’m not going to try and figure it out either, as I have wasted enough time and effort on that “band” already. In the meantime, I would like to personally thank Ihsahn for taking the slot. His professionalism in this situation is greatly appreciated.”

Confirmed bands for ProgPower USA XII:

Therion**
Sanctuary
Ihsahn**
Evergrey (Playing “In Search of Truth” in its entirety exclusively)
Dream Evil**
Vanden Plas**
Labyrinth**
Mob Rules**
While Heaven Wept
PowerGlove
Red Circuit**
Voyager
Darkwater**
Eldritch**
Haken**
Creation’s End

**U.S. exclusive appearances

Ticket and show information can be found at the ProgPower USA web site.

For those that have never heard this truly progressive mastermind, here are a few samples:

Sax with your prog....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJo9JsoigU&feature=related[/ame]

Perhaps a bit of the brutal verse/clean chorus approach...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpluTn_bPXI&feature=related[/ame]

Perhaps a bit of the "clean" Opeth style...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI8N52WjC38&feature=related[/ame]

Or one for the old school King Diamond fans...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXHtdkFm4D0&feature=related[/ame]

Let me apologize upfront if this offends anyone but I think I just shot a load in my pants here at work.

Holy fuck!! Glenn you are the man! Drinks are on me come September! :headbang:

as much as I was looking forward to Arcturus, this is a HUGE upgrade!!!!! Sorry for the crap Glenn, but CONGRATS on the replacement!!!

I'm torn on this. I am extremely disappointed that Arcturus won't be there as I've recently been really getting into their stuff, but on the other hand I am shocked, amazed and ecstatic that Ihsahn will be playing the fest as from things I had heard that was virtually an impossibility of ever happening. Major props to him for doing this. Without trying to assume too much, I had a feeling something like this might happen as Arcturus seems like a band that seems to be a bit unorganized currently.

Hopefully, a lot of the fans going a long distance just to see Arcturus are also fans of Ihsahn and there will be a minimum of complaining done.

Well, crap...

Arcturus is just a curiosity for me, so whatever. I've heard of Ihsahn but am not too familiar... my ambivalence aside, it sucks that the festival will have to endure misplaced anger (and likely fewer ticket sales?) for this. Oh well, nice work on the quick replacement.

I hate how bands feel they can just cancel tours and what not. Apart from PP USA (since I know I'll enjoy most of the bands no matter who specifically is booked), I personally wait until a few weeks before a show (or until the tour starts) to purchase tickets since bands canceling has become a plague in the music industry. Its just bad for the metal scene.

In any case, I'd rather see Ihsahn play than Arcturus anyways, so I'm actually happy about this announcement. Now if only Mikael Åkerfeldt would show up for "Unhealer"...

P.S. Maybe we'll get some Leprous action as well!

I have no idea who Ihsahn is, so this will take some research in order to have much of an opinion. I thought Arcturus was interesting, and enjoyed some clips I heard. I'll have to check out these others later.

hats off to Glenn for getting an equal if not greater replacement. kudos. I dount there will be any complainers due to the fact that both draw from the same crowd and it isnt like Ihsahn is touring here so this is still very very exclusive.

Sad that Arcturus flaked out as I really wanted to see them. But, Glenn comes through and brings Ihsahn to Progpower. Hell Yes!! Plus, as VenomGA pointed out, Leprous is his touring band. This is gonna kick ass. All I gotta say is, Hell of a replacement Glenn!!