Arcturus cancel ProgPower USA; Replacement Announced

Arcturus was okay for the weird-ass novelty part of it but this is no loss at all IMHO... Ihsahn is a huge step up so once again great going Glenn... the festival just keeps getting better and better!

Ihsahn is a more than worthy replacement.

I'll probably go do something else during this set though, since I'm not nearly as interested in Ihsahn as I was in Arcturus. Maybe I'll go cry in a corner with Tammy and Kimavir.

I have no idea who Ihsahn is, so this will take some research in order to have much of an opinion. I thought Arcturus was interesting, and enjoyed some clips I heard. I'll have to check out these others later.

singer/guitarist/keyboardist with the defunct Norwegian band EmpEroR, leader of the band Peccatum, leader of the collaboration Hardingrock, leader of the band Thou Shalt Suffer, owner of Mnemosyne Productions, contributor to Ulver, Arcturus, StarOfAsh, etc.

Also, the son of a cop, and therefore NOT one of the Churchburners/murderers in the notorious Norwegian Inner Circle.

Arcturus was nothing more than a curiosity to me as I could nor get into the cd I purchased at the Insider Sale last year. Ihsahn sounds more like something I would enjoy anyway. Time to start researching!

I had a feeling something like this might happen as Arcturus seems like a band that seems to be a bit unorganized currently.

How do you figure? Are you friends with the band or something? I find that statement weird considering you also said "I've just been starting to get into the band..."

I, too, had hoped to see Arcturus too. It would have been great. But... what is up with that half-assed "we have to cancel" message? I have no way of knowing what is going on in their camp, of course, but on the surface it seems their hearts were not into doing this event at all.... Just my two cents.

However, Ihsahn will be a fantastic replacement and I am very, very much looking forward to this performance!!

Glenn, sorry that you got dumped on yet again but, wow, what a recovery! Well done, sir! :headbang:

I'm cool with this, but feel bad for one person (Chris Cooney) that I know who was dying to see Arcturus.

Personally I just couldn't get into Arcturus much at all, but have enjoyed the last two Ihsahn discs in particular.

So .. for me this news is welcomed.

Britt

In all honesty... I'm not completely crushed since I've been bidding on Ihsahn for a couple years now. But, damn it would be nice to still have my cake.

Besides, I expected it. Orphaned Land had equipment problems and had to skip a song or two. Kamelot had uuhh... issues. I knew something was going to happen to Arcturus.

In Other Words: "We're lazy and don't feel like prepping for a show 6 months away."

I suspect it's more like: "Our singer and drummer are both going to be on tour with other bands all summer, so we have no time to rehearse." Either that or Steinar just doesn't want to do it. He's vanished from the face of the earth since Arcturus broke up in '06, so maybe he's just done with the business.

Why the speculation? Can't we just focus on having Ihsahn play? Even Glenn said he won't even bother trying to understand the statement... Just let it be...

It's definitely a bummer that Arcturus won't make it now, but I couldn't believe Ihsahn is the replacement! For those of you who snub your noses to the glories of black metal and assume this is more of the same, open up your ears! All of his solo stuff is purely original, dark, and very progressive! After is pure genius, get it now if don't already have it, it's writing is on another plane/dimension/universe/etc.!.!.!.okay, I'm done now...:kickass:

Glenn... is Leprous coming with him officially? I really would like to see Leprous again. Those guys ruled last year!!!

Last year Matt Tribunal predicted that Ihsahn would end up playing. He said, "you just wait and see". Guess he was right.
Now is the Sanctuary thing still going to happen? A lot of people I talk to seem to have their doubts that it will go off as planned, and now with whatever happened to Never... I know the two are not related but...

singer/guitarist/keyboardist with the defunct Norwegian band EmpEroR, leader of the band Peccatum, leader of the collaboration Hardingrock, leader of the band Thou Shalt Suffer, owner of Mnemosyne Productions, contributor to Ulver, Arcturus, StarOfAsh, etc.

Also, the son of a cop, and therefore NOT one of the Churchburners/murderers in the notorious Norwegian Inner Circle.

also was in the black metal band Zyklon-B (killer band!!!!) with fellow ex-Emperor band mate Samoth