Turisas sheet music

Hey I had posted another thread about this but maybe one of you can tell me... Do you know where to find Violin Sheet Music for any Turisas songs?
I have been looking for over a year and cannot find it anywhere.

Get Olli drunk and then ask him where he keeps them. It's tricky because he has to be drunk enough to be willing to show stuff to you, but not so drunk that he forgets where the stuff is.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Can someone please help me to find Turisas's violin sheet music??? :cry: At least for "Rasputin", "One more" and "To holmgard and beyond", it would be very cool :worship:

Ok, Olli if you read this please answer! Lol well if they come back to shanghai for a concert i'll ask him :)
But seriously we really cant find it???

There are legal implications to official members disclosing official tablature. There is a company that owns the distribution rights to such material. These may or may not be made available comercially.

On the other hand, the best chance is to find someone with a good ear to figure it out (which means no way in hell am I able to help, sorry). As far as I know, selling/distributing copies of such material is not under the jurisdiction of the company with distribution rights because it IS NOT the original work, but it is an INTERPRETATION of the work by whoever does the transcription.

Y'all legally inclined folks feel free to correct me but I think I am pretty much always right ;)

cheers,

one thing that will help a lot with finding the melodies more easily (and more easily playable) is to tune the instruments the way the band do:
guitar : D G C F A D
bass : D G C F

;)

Hi there,
since last week ive been writing GuitarPro Tabs for Messenger from Battle Metal. I'm finished now and i think it would be great if the Turisas fans could benefit from this. ;)

I used GuitarPro 6 to write them. The keyboards in GP6 sound pretty decent so the tabs would sound the best in GP6.
Of course ive made a GP5 version of the tabs and for those of you don't even have any GuitarPro i exported it to MIDI format.

I tried to write the tabs as close to the real song as possible. Sometimes i figured out the chords by watching the guitar frets very closely. The "one fullstep down tuning" is what Jussi and Hanu are actually using live.
The keyboard parts weren't that easy to write because there's a lot of variation in what section (mainly brass and strings) plays what melody or chord. Instead of the female vocals that are in the studio song i wrote this part for the violin. Olli plays it at gigs.

Copyright of the song is of course by Turisas. Do what ever you want with the tabs but keep my name in the tab file please. You can add yours if you changed (and hopefully improved) some things.

Have fun playing! :)
Raab

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xap0yexomcexd2

PS: All the files (.gpx .gp5 .mid) are in one archive.

EDIT: Thx for moving.

Violin tabs!
Anybody know the violin tabs for any turisas song???:kickass::kickass::kickass:
I didn't say it only includes Etudes, but Etudes are played for better technic, and most of the nice classical pieces demand a good technic from the violinist :] Some Etudes I remember playing were from Kreutzer and Mazas, but that was 10 years ago. ;]

So, I can totally try to do violin tabs. Just... have to stop procrastinating and memorize the violin parts. (Been meaning to learn them for over a year now...)

Also, I was never made to play Etudes... Only whatever the freak The Suzuki Method had me play next. Of course, that was 4 1/2 years ago when I was still taking lessons...

EDIT: I just realized how different my violin is from probably everyone else's violins. Therefore, they sound quite different... Let the fun begin >D

Hi there,
since last week ive been writing GuitarPro Tabs for Messenger from Battle Metal. I'm finished now and i think it would be great if the Turisas fans could benefit from this. ;)

I used GuitarPro 6 to write them. The keyboards in GP6 sound pretty decent so the tabs would sound the best in GP6.
Of course ive made a GP5 version of the tabs and for those you don't even have any GuitarPro i exported it to MIDI format.

I tried to write the tabs as close to the real song as possible. Sometimes i figured out the chords by watching the guitar frets very closely. The "one fullstep down tuning" is what Jussi and Hanu are actually using live. I asked the band ;)
The keyboard parts weren't that easy to write because there's a lot of variation in what section (mainly brass and strings) plays what melody or chord. Instead of the female vocals that are in the studio song i wrote this part for the violin. Olli plays it at gigs.

Copyright of the song is of course by Turisas. Do what ever you want with the tabs but keep my name in the tab file please. You can add yours if you changed (and hopefully improved) some things.

Have fun playing! :)
Raab

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xap0yexomcexd2

PS: All the files (.gpx .gp5 .mid) are in one archive.

EDIT: Thx for moving.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I'm just new to the guitar so am taking time to get used to it. I have my eyes on the riffs later when I have some skill, right now I sound like I'm playing a wolverine with a chainsaw instead of a guitar.

Cursed Be Iron, The Great Escape, Dnieper Rapids are all on my list for guitar awesomness :headbang:

You're welcome!
Yeah, it was pretty much fun. Nygard freaks me out with his relative keys. ;) Messenger has a lot of minor chords in places where i thought a major chords is the only thing possible.

I'm currently working on the chords for Five Hundred and One (Spanish Scale?! wtf) and i have a few chords from the songs Great Escape, Venetoi - Prasinoi and As Torches Rise.

Cheers

They are very legal. It's like me doing a painting of the Mona Lisa and selling it . . . . I don't pretend to be da Vinci, I just painted what I saw. Same thing with these type of tabs CDs, they don't pretend it's the real deal. They are just selling their own interpretation of the songs.

There may be a gray area with respect of how big of a "Turisas" label you stick on the item. At some point, it kinda looks like official band endorsed material which it isn't.

cheers,

They are very legal. It's like me doing a painting of the Mona Lisa and selling it . . . . I don't pretend to be da Vinci, I just painted what I saw. Same thing with these type of tabs CDs, they don't pretend it's the real deal. They are just selling their own interpretation of the songs.

There may be a gray area with respect of how big of a "Turisas" label you stick on the item. At some point, it kinda looks like official band endorsed material which it isn't.

cheers,

but then you sell a cover-version (aka own interpretation) aka you make it accessible for the public, and I think then you have to pay royalties. But I am not YET much into the royalty-topic, so I am not really sure...

Currently working on Great Escape tabs.
I'll post a list of songs i'm tabbing or at least trying to tab, if anybody's interested:
As Torches Rise (almost finished)
Cursed Be Iron (still much to write down)
Five Hundred And One (kinda stuck in the middle somewhere)
Messenger (finished and uploaded in this thread)
Stand Up And Fight (only the intro finished so far)
The Great Escape (half of the song finished)
Venetoi! - Prasinoi! (started a few months ago but only got the intro)

As soon as any of the songs is finished, you will be the first people to get the tabs.

Greetings,
Raab

Finally i've finished the Miklagard Overture chords. The only part i couldn't get were the chords of the "Tsargrad!"-thingy. These are some minor7 or other diminished chords i think. ;)

Have fun,
Raab

http://www.mediafire.com/?d8pesxnu44s2lct

Edit: new txt file because the old one was misleading due to the minor chords being written with small letters and not with the 'm' added and the end of the chord

Currently working on Great Escape tabs.
I'll post a list of songs i'm tabbing or at least trying to tab, if anybody's interested:
As Torches Rise (almost finished)
Cursed Be Iron (still much to write down)
Five Hundred And One (kinda stuck in the middle somewhere)
Messenger (finished and uploaded in this thread)
Stand Up And Fight (only the intro finished so far)
The Great Escape (half of the song finished)
Venetoi! - Prasinoi! (started a few months ago but only got the intro)

As soon as any of the songs is finished, you will be the first people to get the tabs.

Greetings,
Raab

Oh, i was looking for guitartabs for The Great Escape but haven't found any so far. I see you make them in Guitar pro, once I had a trial version of GP5 wich now is expired but is't possible to get GP6 in the same manner?