Turkey Gig

A Leaf said:
i first talked to jamie and he needed to say "i'm jamie" so sweet! but i knew that, anyway then i ran into danny, while we were talking jamie came there. i dunno why :oops: but i went "oh vincent!" then danny said "no, that's jamie, vincent has shorter hair now" i was like "oh shit" :bah:
i don't know how that happened, it's funny how incredibly stupid you can get around those guys! :loco: (ps. i was not stoned at all :dopey: )

it isn't special for them :) people usually mistake Vinnie with Jamie :) they are twins, aren't they? ;]

yeah, i guess so. but i knew that.. stupid stupid me :(
anyway it's nice.. seeing jamie is like seeing vinnie from the past, as if he's opened a portal (while singing and playing in vision of a dying embrace :) ) and travelled across time.

I feel like crying... Anathema came to my own country and I coundn't do. I had to make a choise. Anathema concert was in an other city and I was really short of money. So I decided not to go to Anathema concert Instead, I will go to the concert that includes 30 groups, in which 22 are foreign.
PAIN OF SALVATION
U.D.O.
PENTAGRAM
ORPHANED LAND
SENTENCED
PAUL DI'ANNO
AMON AMARTH
KATATONIA
DESTRUCTION
LAKE OF TEARS
HATEBREED
BLAZE
ATROCITY
MARDUK
CIRCLE II CIRCLE
LEAVES EYES
VADER
MALEVOLENT CREATION
EPICA
CALIBAN
VANDEN PLAS
SOUL SACRIFICE
MORE THAN EVER
CENOTAPH
AFFLICTION
MORIBUND OBLIVION
NU.CLEAR.DAWN
SOLITUDE
SELF TORTURE
NORTHERN LIGHTS

ROCK THE NATIONS
Open Air Festival - Venue Maslak İstanbul - 2 / 3 / 4 June 2004

So that, I had to watch the Anathema concert on TV....:(
It is too bad not to be able to be in that atmosphere:(

@necro: you did the right decision brother. at least you got to see them on TV ;)

now forget about that and be ready to enjoy RTN :headbang:
and look at me i am missing both festivals :p

necromancy said:
I feel like crying... Anathema came to my own country and I coundn't do.
hey, don't feel so sad!
first, this won't be the last time they were here, you'll just have to wait and save some money and maybe next time you'll be watching them in a larger venue!
and second, i think you'll feel ok next weekend when you'll see DORO "in your own country" hosting that great show we've been waiting for so long. ;)

I had a very nice night with them @ taxim-istanbul before the concert night..
but the concert night was unbelieveable.
really thanx all for this dream night...
see you soon i hope...

cengizhan (promoter of rockistanbul) said anathema will return to istanbul very soon, lets say in one year.. it will be their 5th visit and the 2nd one i attend.. it sounds like every other promise of the other bands having visited istanbul but cengizhan sounded more serious or i was just too liseli for believing it..

also have you seen the tv programme on skyturk tv (in turkey) , vinnie was dancing with faithless music/ok. then:p/, and also the stupid compere / cağatay şahin asked vinnie if he could speak english!!? And vinnie answered him
-yeah of course ,i was born in liverpool, i'm english...

angelic said:
also have you seen the tv programme on skyturk tv (in turkey) , vinnie was dancing with faithless music
i missed that show! :cry:
angelic said:
and also the stupid compere / cağatay şahin asked vinnie if he could speak english!!? And vinnie answered him
-yeah of course ,i was born in liverpool, i'm english...
well, something like that had to happen! :D

Yea..I've seen Doro...She came, sang a song, and disappeared! Huh!:ill:
Bunada şükür!

A Leaf said:
hey, don't feel so sad!
first, this won't be the last time they were here, you'll just have to wait and save some money and maybe next time you'll be watching them in a larger venue!
and second, i think you'll feel ok next weekend when you'll see DORO "in your own country" hosting that great show we've been waiting for so long. ;)