Turned off the cable today

the BBC has no adverts. but alot of product placement. youll see in all of the programmes a character drinking a certain brand of beer and the camera will expose that for as much as possible.

and the BBC isnt that great tbh. eastenders is gash, its sports coverage is just shit (especially match of the day). and dont get me started on the reality tv they dish up.

thought that being said there are some great programmes on it

the BBC has no adverts. but alot of product placement. youll see in all of the programmes a character drinking a certain brand of beer and the camera will expose that for as much as possible.

and the BBC isnt that great tbh. eastenders is gash, its sports coverage is just shit (especially match of the day). and dont get me started on the reality tv they dish up.

thought that being said there are some great programmes on it

I didn't think the BBC was allowed to have product placement, as it goes against their licensing contract.

I think the great thing about the BBC is that it has something for everyone, so of course it's going to have some programs you aren't a fan of like Eastenders, but it doesn't make it a bad channel based on one bad programme, name one channel that has 100% great programming. And tbf it's reality tv is better than the stuff ITV/Channel 4 dish up.

This reminds me of something my sister was watching on MTV.... this kid was like "OMG, I hate chores. I just hate em man! I just don't like doin em!"

>.>
And all the publicity that fucking Jon and Kate get is pathetic. I mean, if 2 police officers get gunned down while on the job, Kate gets on the news because she changed her hairstyle. WHAT THE HELL.

Oh thank god, you don't know them! :O

They had 8 kids at once, I forget what thats called...... but they got their own show, cheated on each other, made national headlines, she's continuing the show without him, and why does this matter?

IT FUCKING DOESN'T.
I swear these 2 jackasses infuriate me to no end, They make headlines every week for the stupidest shit. "Kate has book sigining session" "Jon has house broken into" "Kate's new hairdo". :mad:

But thats the standard of US TV I suppose.....
Chuck was cool when I watched it, Heroes was turned to mush.... but yeah thats all I used to watch, so I'm not missing it. :lol:

Wtf having 8 children isn't a talent.

That's what I hate about reality tv, it's turned our culture into an orgy of people trying to get the most recognition for the smallest amount of effort. Do people really have nothing better to do with their own lives that they have to watch other people's?

That's what I hate about reality tv, it's turned our culture into an orgy of people trying to get the most recognition for the smallest amount of effort. Do people really have nothing better to do with their own lives that they have to watch other people's?

It could be

I agree

Some people need to see that there are others who are worse than themselves as validation for being as fucked up as they are.

In Nazi Germany she would have got a bronze medal for that.

And no some people don't have better things to do.

I haven't owned a TV or a TV licence for three years, since I started at Uni. I would only ever see regular TV programmes when I was visiting friends and family, and those times just reinforced how little I missed watching TV. I do watch a lot of films (as a student of Movie SFX), and odd bits of comedy on the I-player. Apart from that, I do watch quite a lot of American TV shows (particularly The Wire, Burn Notice and Dollhouse), which are far superior to anything on British TV. I am old enough to remember when the BBC was the watchword for quality programming, but not anymore.