Tuska

Jan 6, 2006
In the land of ice and snow
The ninth annual Tuska Open Air Metal Festival in Kaisaniemi, Helsinki, Finland will now take place two weeks earlier than before, during the weekend of 30.6-2.7.2006.

Anybody coming to hear some great metal.:)

Venom (UK)
Celtic Frost (CH)
Opeth (SWE)
Anathema (UK)
Sodom (GER)
Arch Enemy (SWE)
Diablo
Sonata Arctica
Mokoma
Amorphis
Tarot
Stam1na
Suburban Tribe
DragonForce (UK)
Wintersun
Gojira (FRA)
Deathstars (SWE)
Swallow the Sun
Burst (SWE)
Norther
Verjnuarmu
Kalmah
The Scourger
Pain Confessor
April
Impaled Nazarene
Timo Rautiainen

Celtic Frost (CH)
Arch Enemy (SWE)
Wintersun
Norther
Kalmah

These bands sound the most interesting to me. Not much variation on the bill if you ask me.

Death Animal said:
Venom (UK)
Celtic Frost (CH)
Amorphis
Tarot

This would probably do for me especially Tarot which kiss ass big time.

tsorl said:
Dragonforce might be quite amusing, but otherwise this lineup sucks hard.:puke:
It's just getting worse every year.

That´s true.
They didn´t get even any killer oldschool band like Dio or Accept this year.:erk:
But I´m going still. Cos it´s best festival in here. And there is some good band.:kickass:

Death Animal said:
That´s true.
They didn´t get even any killer oldschool band like Dio or Accept this year.:erk:
But I´m going still. Cos it´s best festival in here. And there is some good band.:kickass:

Yeah, there's usually been at least one "traditional" headliner (Bruce Dickinson, Gamma Ray, ones you mentioned) but it seems to be moving more into extreme metal bands which I don't care for. It's not worth the trip for me at least (about 600km).

Sauna Open Air is more my cup of tea of the two big metal festivals here, although this year's lineup is nowhere near last summer's (Megadeth, Slayer, Dio etc).