Tuska Open Air

what do you guys think of this lineup

The ninth annual Tuska Open Air Metal Festival in Kaisaniemi, Helsinki, Finland will now take place two weeks earlier than before, during the weekend of 30.6-2.7.2006. First artists for the 2006 festival have been confirmed. The line up features once again something classic and something fresh, both from Finland and abroad.

Saturday July 1st will be headlined by a true cult classic; Venom. This venomenal British group are true pioneers of black metal; they released their debut album a quarter of a century ago, in 1981. This appearance in Kaisaniemi from the originators of their genre is a rare treat for Finnish black metal fans.

Other confirmed international artists at this point are Celtic Frost, who in Venom’s vein are adding fuel to the fire that was set deep in the 80’s. Also, Opeth from neighbouring Sweden, who are currently living their heyday and up and coming French metallers Gojira have been added to the bill.

The current state of Finnish metal in Tuska is represented on all depths as Diablo, Sonata Arctica, Mokoma, Amorphis, Tarot, Stam1na, Wintersun, Swallow The Sun, Norther, April, Impaled Nazarene and Timo Rautiainen take turns in providing the soundtrack for the weekend.

The current roster includes exactly half of the artists appearing at Tuska 2006. A total of 32 bands on three stages will perform at Kaisaniemi, Helsinki over the course of three days. In addition to this, a couple of dozen bands will be appearing at the infamous evening clubs.

Current Tuska 2006 –roster reads as follows:

Venom (UK)
Celtic Frost (CH)
Opeth (SWE)
Diablo
Sonata Arctica
Mokoma
Amorphis
Tarot
Stam1na
Wintersun
Gojira (FRA)
Swallow the Sun
Norther
April
Impaled Nazarene
Timo Rautiainen

I laughed out loud at this sentence: • The festival site is in the very heart of the Helsinki. Just 300m from the railway station. Getting lost is very difficult.

lizard said:
I laughed out loud at this sentence: • The festival site is in the very heart of the Helsinki. Just 300m from the railway station. Getting lost is very difficult.

This is actually what my wife is using as a selling point to me to drag me to Helsinki this summer. *shrug*

I'm going to see Insomnium this weekend, that should satisfy my want for live music for the year.

lizard said:
Venom (UK)
Celtic Frost (CH)
Opeth (SWE)
Diablo
Sonata Arctica
Mokoma
Amorphis
Tarot
Stam1na
Wintersun
Gojira (FRA)
Swallow the Sun
Norther
April
Impaled Nazarene
Timo Rautiainen

bold = good

(leaving out venom and celtic frost because I haven't heard enough of them. Yeah, yeah... give me bullshit)

Yeah so basically it's mostly shit.