U.S.A tour

Just got back...I was all the way in the back but made my way to the 6th row and got 2nd row towards the end...you just gotta push! Haha

I was wearing my Ensiferum shirt with the huge Viking on the front if anyone saw me.

Amazing show...Bleed for Ancient Gods and Under the Northern Star were the best but all were amazing...the crowd was really fun too

Goatwhore were WAY better this time around. I've always been a fan but they really were amazing...The Absence were great.

What a fun night :kickass:

The ATL show tonight was amazing. Easy double the number of people from their last Atlanta gig, and probably more. Kudos to The Absence, you guys were ballin' for an opening act. Skeletonwitch and Goatwhore weren't bad, but they weren't amazing either. AA put on a fantabulous show.

Highlights for me were Freewill Sacrifice (my current ringtone) and The Pursuit of Vikings (first AA song I ever heard, bough all their CDs with my next paycheck lol). Not to mention starting the first chant that brought out that crazy dude in the leather armor with the horn.

Also, I found out from the Hot Topic goths that were going to a different show in the same venue that Birthday Massacre is "amazing." lol.

P.S. Come back to Atlanta soon guys, I'll keep telling anyone who'll listen about you guys and hopefully the next time will be even better than this one.

Orlando show was crazy...probably double the people compared to the 07 show. Amon Amarth was amazing but fucking shithead crowd never stopped pushing, got fucking annoying and I almost got in a fight with a guy...

I did take some videos though, I'll post them up soon.

First video is up. My girlfriend took this one so you get to see ole griev0r himself doin teh windmillz.

You can see what I mean about the pushing, I could barely windmill cause I kept getting knocked over. Fuckin all ages shows...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone pushes at metal shows...I don't see what the big deal is...lol

You pretty much can't stand in place and windmill unless you're on the rail

Everyone pushes at metal shows...I don't see what the big deal is...lol

You pretty much can't stand in place and windmill unless you're on the rail

very true, thats why you have to push onto the rail if you wanna headbang:lol:

Orlando show was crazy...probably double the people compared to the 07 show. Amon Amarth was amazing but fucking shithead crowd never stopped pushing, got fucking annoying and I almost got in a fight with a guy...

I did take some videos though, I'll post them up soon.

I never found pushing all that bad luckily somone usually slams into me once and I shove em back and thats that...its the people crowd surfing that kick you in the head I hate...

Or like at the show in Houston the people that start a pit at the bar when I'm trying to order a beer

yeah in the ATL show there was a lot of pushing as well... ha what do u expect? theres always gunna be crazy mothafuckers goin wild and pushing, mosh pits, especially when Amon Amarth are fuckin playin and its so Epic that ppl are going crazy- The music just gets to you and makes u feel in another world, for me anyway, i love the feeling of a great band playing some great songs that you love. so stop bein a little bitch complaining about people pushing you
By the Way The Absence were great, and Goatwhore put on a good show. Not a big fan of Skeletonwitch but they had a lot of energy and played well.

back from AA tour of florida (Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale) in my camper minivan (Helga, she made it, 700 miles), good times, good turnouts, very good setlist especially in Ft. Lauderdale venue which btw was way too small and almost as hot as in hell I think or close to it or the venue in Seattle where sweat dripps off of the ceilings

Ft. Lauderdale setlist was as follows:

1.tottg
2.fws
3.asator
4.vtw
5.vom
6.rtmm
7.goa
8.fon
9.tyoo
10.tlwpb
11.dif
12.vm

13.cotbb
14.pov

my fav. three in one setlist, kick ass

Black Canvas - fuck you. I know how metal concerts are but this was more than usual. Even when they weren't playing I was getting pushed forward and it started to really fucking piss me off.

Tomasz you lucky bastard! They played Thousand years in Lauderdale, damnit! :cry:

Photos from Buffalo NY gig as well as a link to my interview with Fredrik;

http://www.fazermagazine.com/2009/05/03/an-interview-with-fredrik-andersson-of-amon-amarth-april-22-2009/

aa2.jpg

aa66666.jpg

aa1.jpg

aa44.jpg