UEFA EURO 2004 Fantasy Football

190815_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg

190801_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg

190799_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg

:cool:

sol83 said:
King Otto did it again!!! :D

Honestly, i didn't expect to see Greece win the opening game, not because i think they're bad, but cause i thought Portugal would be real strong in the opening game. Well, i was wrong, luckily.

My tip for tonight's matches:

Swiss- Croatia 0-2

France- England 1-1

Support: Swiss and England of course!

You won the match, but you certainly won the disrespect of most of the footie people I know too. Unofficial world record in professional fouls. Portugal didn't deserve the win either though.

But I know, anything to win the match and all that crap.

Allan said:
You won the match, but you certainly won the disrespect of most of the footie people I know too. Unofficial world record in professional fouls. Portugal didn't deserve the win either though.

well, it wasn't like they won because of them fouls, was it? i mean if Charisteas would have made one or two of his chances it could have come worse for Portugal.

Allan said:

so if denmark played portugal yesterday and were winning won 2-0 and (naturaly) gave them possesion, they'd just watch the portugese pass beside them and wouldn't foul them? you must think i'm stupid. we hardly made 2-3 strong, unprofessional fouls in the game.

i have to hand it to rehagel too tho. his tactical games worked immensly. he left out quite some good players (nikolaidis, tsiartas) in order for the team to work properly. great work.

and we made more good chances than portugal. in the first 20 mins it could be 3-0. anyway, now its spain and its gonna be really tough. a draw would be ace. fingers crossed.

I'd be pissed at the Danish coach too and have a pretty damn hard time enjoying myself, if I'd watch us win a game where the whole time I was thinking that team had been told to foul every single time any chance was developing.

What's strong unprofessional fouls?

don't worry about the fouling, its all part of the game, i love a good derty tackle. People who bang on about the beautiful game tend to forget that a team like Brazil, apart from being dirty fuckers, are given a "qualify for the world cup no matter what" card by FIFA, beautiful game my hole.

I don't mind tackling and I'm noot about to bash a whole team because one player makes a dirty tackle, I was on about professional fouls, not dirty fouls. And nevermind, was just a beside, Greece played a good defensive game too, and was good on the counterattack. I just hate tactics that have little to do with actual footie.

I loved how today's referee pulled out the card for the first professional foul in the Swi- Cro game (to some Swiss dude I didn't catch the name of), and again at the first dive (Prso). Hope they'll keep an eye on Totti tomorrow as well, though Denmark seemed to be doomed at this Euro, Wieghorst injured, Gravesen banned, Grønkjør grieving his mom's death in Denmark and Martin Jørgensen catching his first injury this season right before the Euro, he might play anyway though.

was that the yellow for diving in the penalty area? looked like a valid peno to me. Least theres still some refs out there who arent afraid to book diver's

looked like it might've been a valid penalty if he hadn't dived before the contact was made to me.

That very same ref might be overdoing it a bit by now though.

whaddyis make of the french? zidanes showing why hes the most overrated player in the world and they actually played that muppet sylvestre..what a carry on

sol83 said:
so if denmark played portugal yesterday and were winning won 2-0 and (naturaly) gave them possesion, they'd just watch the portugese pass beside them and wouldn't foul them? you must think i'm stupid. we hardly made 2-3 strong, unprofessional fouls in the game.

i have to hand it to rehagel too tho. his tactical games worked immensly. he left out quite some good players (nikolaidis, tsiartas) in order for the team to work properly. great work.

and we made more good chances than portugal. in the first 20 mins it could be 3-0. anyway, now its spain and its gonna be really tough. a draw would be ace. fingers crossed.
well said mate, i'm with you on this one!

And about France - England tonight, yes, imo they played bad, at least in the second half, you could see Zidane walking around like he has given up hope. Head down and that. They got no real great chance, and Henry was torn apart by the defense.
And then the Manchester syndrome, fucken hell i can't believe it. Now Zidane is again the best player, everyone will say it. England played a very good match, and they could've set the last point with this penalty. I don't really like Beckham, though one should not blame him alone. Rooney could've crossed the ball to Vassel instead of running into the box. but that's just my 2 cents!

who cares england lost in the last few minutes, hahahahahahahahahah I repeat: hahahahahahahah and it was gerrards fault, that and calamity jane. :tickled:

ahhh life is good