UEFA EURO 2004 Fantasy Football

cedarbreed said:
Denmark deserved to win, I'm really disappointed. The game was gorgeous though, best playing so far !
Sweden is really lucky, Bulgaria didn't deserve to be humiliated this way, 2-1 or 3-1 for Sweden would of been more fair.
Nah, Bulgarias defending was poor and Sweden just took advantage

Bulgaria must have had nearly as many goal occasions as Sweden and in the end the result is 5-0. There's a bit of luck there ... Bulgaria's defending was poor though, agreed.

cedarbreed said:
Bulgaria must have had nearly as many goal occasions as Sweden and in the end the result is 5-0. There's a bit of luck there ... Bulgaria's defending was poor though, agreed.
This might sound a bit Saint and Greavsie like, but goals win games. Poor defence against a decent attacking team. A Frenchman calling anyone lucky is quite funny too
tickled.gif

that was no penalty tho. it was right on the line, so its a foul. anyway, 4-5, not a big difference i guess...

for tomorrow:

germany - holland 1-1
czech rep - latvia 3-1

place your bets gentlemen...

Strangelight said:
This might sound a bit Saint and Greavsie like, but goals win games. Poor defence against a decent attacking team. A Frenchman calling anyone lucky is quite funny too
tickled.gif

We were damn lucky against England the other day, true. But luck wasn't on our side back in 2002. With a bit of luck, we would have never been beaten so early in the competition because our playing was decent. So don't tell me we have a monopoly of luck at football right :D
And yes goals win games but Bulgaria, with a bit of luck, would have scored 2 or 3 goals at least... It's not like France which had only 3 goals opportunities and scored twice :-s

cedarbreed said:
We were damn lucky against England the other day, true. But luck wasn't on our side back in 2002. With a bit of luck, we would have never been beaten so early in the competition because our playing was decent. So don't tell me we have a monopoly of luck at football right :D
And yes goals win games but Bulgaria, with a bit of luck, would have scored 2 or 3 goals at least... It's not like France which had only 3 goals opportunities and scored twice :-s
Come on, Sweden roasted them. Shite finishing isnt bad luck, its just shite football. Same with shite defending. I agree with you that France dont have a monopoly of luck at football *cough cough* World Cup final *cough* Ronaldo *cough* Platini *cough cough*
wavey.gif

cedarbreed said:
erm, euro 2000 final, erm, wiltord scoring, erm, in '93, erm, in a game were italy was far better, erm, no luck, erm... :p

Morpheus said:
:worship: :wave:

my bets are:

Germany - Holland 1- 2
Czech Republic - Latvia 4 - 1
i know you're a bit pessimistic about germany but i dont think holland has such a hell of a team either. i really think its gonna be a draw this one.

by the way, italy played pretty much crap today, no proper tactits or anything, so we still havent seen any "superpower" playing real well yet. i sure hope this goes on. :Spin:

cedarbreed said:
But luck wasn't on our side back in 2002. With a bit of luck, we would have never been beaten so early in the competition s

You mean with a bit of luck you wouldn't have had to face Denmark to advance? hehe.

As for tonight's game, I must admit, I was proud as hell, what a great effort. Missing key players, we went out and played offensive footie against the clear favourite, clearly deserving the win, though we gave up some big chances as wel, I love it. Martin Laursen showed he'll light up the Premiership and make Milan regret letting him go, even with Nesta, Maldini and Stam, Christian Poulsen showed he's still an amazing prospect, shutting down Totti as he shut down Zidane 2 years ago, Sørensen showed why Arsenal and Man U is regretting not signing him last Summer. Great night.

And Totti should've been so sent off, for that last minute slaughtering of Henriksen alone, but also for a couple of other desperate unsportsmanlike tackles.

Cheers to the Swedes too, they made me root for them against my will with their play tonight.

sol83 said:
by the way, italy played pretty much crap today, no proper tactits or anything,

I guess this tiny country to the north putting pressure on them throughout the game, though underestimated, had nothing to do with that?

Catch that possession statistic after 30 minutes saying Denmark 67 % Italy 33 %. That is quite a bit of swing. Give credit where credit is due. This ranks in the top 10 of impressive Danish performances, and that is without MVP Gravesen and our most skilled player Grønkjær.

yeah, it came out interesting. you know, a shrink would probably explain that mistake as the the subconscious outcome of long sexual deprivation...

anyway, who needs girls, we've got the footy ffs!

Allan said:
And Totti should've been so sent off, for that last minute slaughtering of Henriksen alone
yep. that was really bad. but you know, the refs are like politicians. diplomacy, public relations and all... :Smug: