Ugh, public appearances

Ugh, public appearances, tons of wonderful, beautiful, brutal bands out there and the public over here (when they think of it at all) figure that only glam and Nu Metal are metal...
corkysm44.gif
There are very few Nu Metal bands that are better then average and the same with glam... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!
mad.gif

it took me a few reads to actually get what you were trying to say here hahahaha and yes your right .... its pretty stupid and there isnt a thing we can do to change it :loco: ... I had a guy come into the store the other night (I was Listening to Children of Bodom) and he says to me "Hey Nice... Death Metal" I was like thats NOT Death Metal moron hahahahha Most people are Ignorant its just how it is

It's said that ignorance is bliss. Gee how many blissful people are out there :mad:

The media, especially the newspapers and common magazines (not to mention DJs, VJs and common public) screw up so much with metal. And sadly in USA (lived there the last three years of my live) is like Oz or Never Neverland. I was 90% of the time arguing when people found out I like metal, and questions like: oh like Shitknot, or Limp Cookie. Talk about going postal...

When I was a teen decent metal wasn't easy to find, but it wasn't next to impossible either. The problem the young people face now is that if you don't have internet and a credit card, you aren't going to find much quality metal. Corporations and the media dictate what is available to the metal consumer. Why offer more obscure bands when you can sell more of the latest Incubus CD ? Most of the music I like simply isn't offered locally so I don't even bother anymore.

Bryant

I hear you, I had no idea the playground of bands to listen to until I got online... And the media just isn't offering a good variety anymore at the normal stores.

Bryant said:
The problem the young people face now is that if you don't have internet and a credit card, you aren't going to find much quality metal. Corporations and the media dictate what is available to the metal consumer. Why offer more obscure bands when you can sell more of the latest Incubus CD ? Most of the music I like simply isn't offered locally so I don't even bother anymore.

Bryant

lol, sorry about that Johnny D, I wasn't at my best that night. :hangs head in shame:

JonnyD said:
it took me a few reads to actually get what you were trying to say here hahahaha and yes your right .... its pretty stupid and there isnt a thing we can do to change it :loco: ... I had a guy come into the store the other night (I was Listening to Children of Bodom) and he says to me "Hey Nice... Death Metal" I was like thats NOT Death Metal moron hahahahha Most people are Ignorant its just how it is

Bryant said:
When I was a teen decent metal wasn't easy to find, but it wasn't next to impossible either. The problem the young people face now is that if you don't have internet and a credit card, you aren't going to find much quality metal. Corporations and the media dictate what is available to the metal consumer. Why offer more obscure bands when you can sell more of the latest Incubus CD ? Most of the music I like simply isn't offered locally so I don't even bother anymore.

Bryant

Absolutely. I love it when these moronic reporters label something metal when it's not even close to it.

Like when Great White burned down the house early last year, I heard many a report saying, "...venue burned down by Heavy Metal group Great White..."

Great White Heavy Metal?? Suuuuuuurrreeeee. Dumb bastards. Say anything to sell a story and make it seem like Jack Russell summoned up Satan in a seance to burn the place to Hell or something!

Okay, I am allright now. -Breathe in, breathe out...breathe in, breathe out...-

Walter_Langkowski said:
Great White Heavy Metal?? Suuuuuuurrreeeee. Dumb bastards. Say anything to sell a story and make it seem like Jack Russell summoned up Satan in a seance to burn the place to Hell or something!

Ha ha ha ha now that's fucking funny. I mean the fire wasn't obviously but the reporting shows the ignorance of the typical person.

Bryant