ugh

Stygian_Apothegm

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Athens, Jo'gia
stygianapothegm.iuma.com
call it complaining, call is whining, whatever, i just need some advice.

as you know, i bitch and complain about college a lot. well now it's taking a turn for the worse. i am pretty sure i will fail my math class. i need this math class in order to move onto the classes i registered next fall. there's still the idea of summer school but i dont know how to set everything up for that..

ugh. so now what i need to know is.. should i tell my mom about it today? or should i wait until i just get my grades. if i tell her now she will make me study.. even tho i probably wont still. im pretty sure it's hopeless. i would have to make like a 100 on the final and already it's looking grim, there were some things i didnt understand. the fucking teacher goes through everything so fucking fast. and of course im a fucking loser and am too embarassed to raise my hand in class and because of my social anxiety or whatever im too scared to get tutoring or ask for help. god.

dont know what to do right now..

what i really want to do is music. but that means staying an extra year and getting some intensive lessons so i can learn all the shit to audition. FUUCCKKKK. plus i dont know if my mom can afford for me to stay an extra year. this really sucks.

Stygian_Apothegm said:
as you know, i bitch and complain about college a lot. well now it's taking a turn for the worse. i am pretty sure i will fail my math class. i need this math class in order to move onto the classes i registered next fall. there's still the idea of summer school but i dont know how to set everything up for that..
Well find out how to set everything up for that.

Stygian_Apothegm said:
ugh. so now what i need to know is.. should i tell my mom about it today? or should i wait until i just get my grades. if i tell her now she will make me study.. even tho i probably wont still.
Well if you probably won't still then just tell her

Stygian_Apothegm said:
and of course im a fucking loser and am too embarassed to raise my hand in class and because of my social anxiety or whatever im too scared to get tutoring or ask for help. god.
You're not gonna get tutored by a group of people, it's going to be one person. So your social anxiety excuse goes out the window there.

Stygian_Apothegm said:
i asked for advice not comments trying to belittle me.

:lol: You're the best! To think, I was in a bad mood today until I read this and now I'm laughing my ass off. :tickled:

Dude, erm... just do some summer school, it should keep you unbored for summer since you don't do much else anyway, like me. I mean, I know it'll suck ass but if it's what you gotta do then go for it. And no you don't have to tell your mom. I never tell my mom anything. :p

Reactions: Arch
Stygian_Apothegm said:
call it complaining, call is whining, whatever, i just need some advice.

ugh. so now what i need to know is.. should i tell my mom about it today? or should i wait until i just get my grades. if i tell her now she will make me study.. even tho i probably wont still. im pretty sure it's hopeless. i would have to make like a 100 on the final and already it's looking grim, there were some things i didnt understand. the fucking teacher goes through everything so fucking fast. and of course im a fucking loser and am too embarassed to raise my hand in class and because of my social anxiety or whatever im too scared to get tutoring or ask for help. god.

dont know what to do right now..

what i really want to do is music. but that means staying an extra year and getting some intensive lessons so i can learn all the shit to audition. FUUCCKKKK. plus i dont know if my mom can afford for me to stay an extra year. this really sucks.

GET OVER IT. Seriously. Just get over this 'social anxiety'. Do what you have to do to make sure you don't fuck up. There's no reason for being nervous and potentially messing up your ENTIRE life based on what other people might think of you. Fuck them. Is what other people think of you really that important? More important than your own well being? And don't tell me you can't 'just' get over it either. I've been there, I've done that buddy. It's as easy as getting up one day and saying 'fuck this'. It's as easy as getting up one day and saying 'I'm not going to live my life like this anymore'. Now stop being a coward, and face your problems head on. I apologize for being a bit blunt, but you're about to throw away your future here for something as trivial as this bullshit, and I'm upset that you're going to let something like this so easily defeat you.

-Desecrated- said:
GET OVER IT. Seriously. Just get over this 'social anxiety'. Do what you have to do to make sure you don't fuck up. There's no reason for being nervous and potentially messing up your ENTIRE life based on what other people might think of you. Fuck them. Is what other people think of you really that important? More important than your own well being? And don't tell me you can't 'just' get over it either. I've been there, I've done that buddy. It's as easy as getting up one day and saying 'fuck this'. It's as easy as getting up one day and saying 'I'm not going to live my life like this anymore'. Now stop being a coward, and face your problems head on. I apologize for being a bit blunt, but you're about to throw away your future here for something as trivial as this bullshit, and I'm upset that you're going to let something like this so easily defeat you.
well obviously you havent been where i am if you are over it.

I took summer classes like every summer. No big deal. Just do that. So just tell your mom that you need to retake math, then go on the website to register for it like you did for your classes this semester. She'll bitch at you about the money, etc, but you don't really have a choice.

Stygian_Apothegm said:
well obviously you havent been where i am if you are over it.

Yes I have. Have you ever puked while having to make an oral presentation? Have you ever had a panic attack at school when you were forced to do group work in school? Do you usually feel short of breath when around people you don't know? I've BEEN through all of this, so don't tell me I've never been there. Read my lips - or typing actually - It is as easy as just getting over it. It's as easy as taking little steps towards getting better. All it takes is changing the way you think.

-Desecrated- said:
Yes I have. Have you ever puked while having to make an oral presentation? Have you ever had a panic attack at school when you were forced to do group work in school? Do you usually feel short of breath when around people you don't know? I've BEEN through all of this, so don't tell me I've never been there. Read my lips - or typing actually - It is as easy as just getting over it. It's as easy as taking little steps towards getting better. All it takes is changing the way you think.
well you are better than me then, happy?

Stygian_Apothegm said:
well you are better than me then, happy?

Ugh, don't do this man. I'm not TRYING to make it sound like 'Ohh look at me, I can do it and you can't'. I'm trying to tell you that YOU can do it too. I'm not special. I'm not the only one who can effectively change. You're just as capable as me or ANYONE else in that aspect. The only thing that's keeping your from getting better is yourself. Please realize this.

My advice: next time, spend less time on UM and more time studying for math.

Reactions: DE
I can honestly say I don't have a mental disorder so severe that I have negative physical reactions to groups of people but I can certainly understand how that could be.

I'm very introverted a lot like Mike, maybe not as bad but I'm sure my reasons are probably different. I was very outgoing when I was younger and on a many an occasion I've said extremely stupid things that made people lose respect for me. I'll list some examples:

1. When I was about eleven there was this couple who were friends of the family, they went to California for about a year and when they came back I was trying to compliment them but I screwed up. I said, "God, you were gone so long I forgot about ya." And only after their negative reaction did I realize that wasn't a compliment. :erk:

2. when I was about fourteen in ninth grade I was trying to flirt with one of the prep chicks in our "fifth-quarter" church gatherings which take place on fridays during football season. One of the fellows (real jock type prep dude with bleach blonde hair and Nautica shirts) was like "come here I wanna talk to you." and I didn't wanna talk to him 'cos I knew he was goign to tell me to leave the girls alone or something so I was like "no go away, no!" then I just splurted out some weird shit like "no I don't want them I'm gay!" and everybody heard me and from that point on everyone looked at me like I was a freak. :ill:

I think I'm a highly justifiable introvert. I need to never speak again, goddamnit. :erk:

I think it would be wise to tell your mother about the failing grade before the report card comes in the mail and she finds out on her own, which would give her the notion that you are being dishonest. Plus, you would also have time to explain to her why you performed poorly in the class and plan out a solution to this problem altogether, instead of having it come down on you all at once.

Look at it this way, she will find out about it sooner or later, it's best to get it over as soon as possible. If you tell her now it would be much easier on you, seeing that she will not be as angry throughout the whole summer since she would have the time to accept your mistake.

Reactions: GreatPhoenix
Stygian_Apothegm said:
should i tell my mom about it today? or should i wait until i just get my grades. if i tell her now she will make me study.. even tho i probably wont still. im pretty sure it's hopeless.

why don't you actually study instead of posting on a forum complaining about your situation?

-Desecrated- said:

what he said.

i probably need to do the same thing..

Heh, poor, poor little Stygie. I have an idea - fuck your education, fuck your parents, fuck everything, just spend 24 hours a day on UM, whining and whining and whining until your fingers bleed and so do our eyes.

Oh wait, silly me, you already do that. :tickled:

Reactions: Arch
Oh so NOW you look for sympathy when you have been insulting and trying to put down everyone who is in your same situation? Fuck you, study harder next time you lazy son of a bitch. You deserve to be a homeless looser.

Reactions: GreatPhoenix