Ugliest guitar shape

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
There's been a bunch of "favourite guitar" type threads, now this: post really ugly guitars that you couldnt ever imagine owning, based on looks alone:

Parker Fly, urgh, horrible fucking body shape, makes me cringe

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000667049354
stygg5.jpg

stygg8.jpg

stygg6.jpg

pks.jpg

img1029342308.jpeg

img1029342299.jpeg

electricsitar.jpg

sorry, the post got a little lengthy...

stygg8.jpg

pks.jpg

8-string guitar with different scale lengths for the strings. Takes some getting used to, but still playable. Not much of a fan of the asymetrical single cutaway - looks like a fucked up Les Paul.

Yes, that thing is playable - you're not going to play the extra strings, though. They're there for droning tones.

Oh, and while the Parker Fly guitars are fucked up looking, they're still one of the best guitars to play.

Vital Remains said:
'

your head should be stuck on a pike man

I hate BC Riches too. They are probably some of the shittiest guitars I've ever played. They're cheaply made and are uncomfortable and sound like shit. Just cause they look scary doesnt mean they are good guitars.

Some bc riches sound fine to me. Most I come across are shitty versions...but then again thats guitar center for ya.

Ugliest guitar I ever played on was the Ibanez AX 7-sting....ugly ass sound too.

about BC Rich: if the designs are great or ugly obviously is a matter of opinion. I know quite a few people who love them and quite a few who hate them.
I also have the impression that they currently produce a lot of not so good to crappy guitars especially in the lower price range. but the more expensive ones (and the customs obviously) are supposed to be really good guitars!

I have yet too find a guitar that I feel beats my Warlock in the same price range (its an older NJ-Series I bought used). I changed the PUs and now It sounds great!

ranma187 said:
playable?

Pat Metheny has one of those specific kinds of guitars. It's a 42 string. If you think about it, it's not impossible, you just have to pick in a certain place. It's called the Pikasso.

I....think, those come from Indian music. The extra strings are for "drone" notes, you just kind of strum them, and it gives you a harmonic background for playing your melody over, a solo guitar technique. John McLaughlin has used one of the more basic types, with just one drone chord attachment, I don't know how Pat Metheny utilizes that specific instrument with all the extra ones.

You can read about it and hear an interview with the creator here (I haven't listened to the interview). Linda Manzer created it, as I said, for Pat Metheny.

http://radio.cbc.ca/programs/asithappens/entertainment/011001_curves.html

Oh....just found a picture of Pat playing it (kind of big :p):

P1010038.JPG

jackson warrior and bc rich stealth.

ed roman has some gay ones too, like the impaler and boomarang
~gR~