proy900

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2011
Congleton, Cheshire
UK ONLY UK ONLY UK ONLY

Hello
i have a 400watt valve amplifier going for
£550 O.N.O.
I know Marshall doesn't have a portfolio of bass amplification but this head is a hidden gem! Just ask people who use them.
Perfect working condition minus the usual gigging scuffs and a couple of superficial tears in the tolex (sealed to prevent further tearing)
Sorry kids, no swaps! Thanks!

Designed with the serious bass player in mind and drawing from many years of valve ‘tone crafting’ experience, the VBA400 boasts a staggering 8x6550 power valves, plus 3xECC83 and 1xECC82 pre-amp valves. One of the main things that makes this amp special is the sheer vastness of pure valve power on tap from the twelve valves it houses.

The VBA400’s 3-band passive EQ network for Bass, Middle and Treble has been designed so that it offers you all the tonal adjustment you’ll need. Furthermore, this tone network can be totally changed by means of the 3-position Contour switch which reconfigures the mid range as follows: Contour Position 1 – drops the low mids and creates a rounder, fuller, fat bottom end. Contour Position 2 – boosts the mid range, giving greater edge and aggression to your sound. Contour Position 3 – moves the mid range higher than you would normally expect on a bass amplifier. This adds an aggressive twang while leaving the essential body of your tone intact, making it ideal for percussive styles such as slap bass. Further tone control is provided by Deep and Bright switches. Engaging the Deep switch increases low-end thud without losing definition while the Bright option adds extra high-end brilliance and bite to your sound. Other essential features include Active and Passive inputs, an XLR DI Output, complete with switches for Earth (ground) Lift and pre/post EQ selection, a Series FX Loop and a High/Low Fan Speed switch to ensure the valves are kept at a safe operating temperature. Another very practical ‘bassist friendly’ addition is a Tuner Mute facility which, when activated, mutes the signal to both the loudspeakers and the DI Output, enabling the user to tune ‘silently’ in the live situation – providing a tuner is hooked up of course!

I'm wililng to drive around 50-75 miles to deliver this or could meet someone at a pre-determined place if the distance is any greater

Give me a shout if your interested!

Guests can hit me up on:
Freshmeat_900@hotmail.com
thomas.perry@tarmac.co.uk

Peace and Love,
Perry

PLEASE NOTE: THE 8X10 CAB IS NOT INCLUDED!
I HAVE SOLD THIS ALREADY!
index.php