LexTAC: New ampsim by LePou

@lolzgreg : About the Recto reamps, don't worry, I have other stuff to work on. And about going commercial... not sure. It's a totally different game with different responsability... I don't know...

@onqel : You're right, I use the SDK provide by Steinberg which take care of the cummunication with the DAW and things like that. Otherwise, I programmed everything related to the signal processing (C++).

@lolzgreg : About the Recto reamps, don't worry, I have other stuff to work on. And about going commercial... not sure. It's a totally different game with different responsability... I don't know..

You obviously have a lot of talent man, after all these freebees I think you deserve to make some money out of them. I doubt you'd have a hard time getting onboard with a pre existing company, considering the very public response you've had from your hard work. Best of luck either way.

LePou: Ampmodeling is a great hobby, but I'm afraid once you make it commercial/serious I think the fun part will fade away very quickly... but at least you get paid for your time.. :p

its official, dandelium just uses real amps and says they are amps sims

lol but seriously why the hell do you get such amazing tones from every amp sim thrown at you?! You are like 1000 leagues above every anytime a new sim comes out

I'm pretty sure it can be resumed to : great ears (and knowledge of which freq ranges sound like what), good gear, fantastic playing.

Thought I'd throw a quick sample in here too.

I am thinking of buying recabinet very soon so I may rerecord this but here it is.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/face_the_fear/ (It is under Lextac test tone...)

It is nothing special just two riffs with a bit of lead and bass thrown in.

I really need to get Superior Drummer 2.0. I am SO sick of the drumkit from hell sound.

I'd love to hear a punk-rock-ish / chunky Alice In Chains ripoff riff with it.

^^ Jerry Cantrell Degredation trip tone

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3406793/LexTactest2.mp3
^^ my Lextac tone

Mine is single tracked using 4 instances of lextac (that will eventually lead to double tracking). No bass and is very sloppy:ill:, sorry for that but i think the tone is very close. Wait till about 0:20 or so to hear it.

A little more tweaking and I think I'll have it.

Last edited by a moderator: