UK pressing of Pale Haunt Departure?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
So, being the collector nerd I am, I periodically do searches for Novembers Doom on sites like eBay.
I came across a European seller who is selling a UK Pressing of TPHD that came out on CANDLELIGHT, with a slipcase cover!!! This is the first I have heard of such a release.

I didn't know there was a release beyond the THE END RECORDS pressing.

Jasonic said:
So, being the collector nerd I am, I periodically do searches for Novembers Doom on sites like eBay.
I came across a European seller who is selling a UK Pressing of TPHD that came out on CANDLELIGHT, with a slipcase cover!!! This is the first I have heard of such a release.

I didn't know there was a release beyond the THE END RECORDS pressing.

Yeah they do have that on in Europe. There is a south korean version as well. The only words that are in english on the sticker they place on the cover are OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE, AND KATATONIA. Pretty funny shit.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I have a copy of the Candlelight pressing of TPHD, and it's really nice. The slipcase looks awesome.

Yeah I've got that version the slipcase does display the artwork really well. love it.

Any chance the band would ever have these import copies for sale?
Or is it like some kind of licensing agreement between those labels and THE END where they can legally press them?

I doubt that we'll ever get copies of this to sell. All copies we're given to sell come from our deal with The End, not Candlelight. So if you're looking to get one, you're going to have to buy from one of those distributors or sellers from Europe. I myself only have one copy of the Candlelight version.

hm. In the Hall By the Insect Exterminator or something? i kept it separate from my ebay pile at least. Lar, are you missing a Neuro tape? if so, i'll dig through my stuff. i recall borrowing one or two and don't know if i gave them back or not.

also, i think i'm missing a Shure SM57, any appearance of one?

Okay if the Sindrome you're talking about is an audio cassette, then it's probably Paul's. I believe you gave me back those Neuro tapes, though. Not like I don't have a stack of those fucking things anyhow lol

I don't know anything of your SM57 at all. If I did, I'd probably be using it right now haha

chupe666 said:
also, i think i'm missing a Shure SM57, any appearance of one?

We were just talking about mics on Sunday. I know I have a SM57, but I bought it years back from an old bass player, and never used it. Joe had an SM57 that was misplaced during one of our rehearsal room moves, so i'm sure it's long gone man. I haven't seen anything laying around, also we've moved about 6 times since you were with us. haha

If I come across it, i'll return it... Who am I kidding! If I find it, we're keeping it bitch! :heh:

yeah, i figured. i had a connection at one time that worked there and could get those for like $15- he bought me one for Christmas, so i have one, but at one time i know i had two. not a big deal, i use my condenser more anyway.
and thanks paul, i got your email. hope the address is current.