The Pale Haunt Departure, your favorite tracks?

darkcinema27

New Metal Member
Apr 4, 2005
beneath the soil.
For me, they would be:

Autumn Reflection
The Dead Leaf Echo
Through a Child's Eyes
In the Absence of Grace
Swallowed By the Moon

Those are the tracks that stood out for me the most at first listen.. ill get back to the pale haunt departure, dark world burden, and collapse of the fallen throe and would probably enjoy them as well.

The Pale Haunt Departure is Novembers Doom best yet! Spread the love. :wave:

Awesome, glad you like the album, much thanks!

Good luck trying to get people to participate in this thread though.....every time we or someone else starts a thread like this (i.e. "favorite song", "favorite cd", etc.), the thread dies quickly, LOL. Buncha lazy bastards!! :D

Hey now there's only 8 tracks to choose from! I'd answer with "all of them", because I honestly like each track, for different reasons. The ones I listen to most often are:

The Pale Haunt Departure
Swallowed By The Moon
Dark World Burden
The Dead Leaf Echo
Collapse of the Fallen Throe

darkcinema27 said:
ill get back to the pale haunt departure, dark world burden, and collapse of the fallen throe and would probably enjoy them as well.

Funny, cos it was The Pale Haunt Departure and Dark World Burden that were my two favourites at first few listens. But the more I play the less I can pick out my favourite tracks as I love them all and the songs gel so well together as a single work of art that, for me, it's impossible to separate the album into individual units.

Can't wait until you guys come over to England in October BTW. Are you able to say where you'll be playing yet? Have to make sure I get my tickets... :Spin:

It's not all that often I have a standout favoutire track or two these days but there have been some recent exceptions and 'The Pale Haunt Departure' was one of them.

'Dark World Burden' is bloody brilliant. To me, it's Novembers Doom at their absolute best. The main riff is deadly, vocals are fantastic and it is structured brilliantly. The acoustic opening builds up for the thunderous axe-work and drumming that kicks in about half a minute in, the solo at around 3:40 which is followed up by some brief spoken vocals and then the chugging main riff (about 4:35) really make the track something else. Paul has never sounded better than on this album and reaches his peak on 'Dark World Burden'. Just my opinion of course but I really hope that the track is pushed as a single/ep/video clip possibility.

I would love to hear 'Dark World Burden' with pure death vocals though (instead of clean choruses). Paul's voice and the main riff are a match made in heaven (or hell if you wish ;)).

I kinda like the heavy, the hard...

The Pale Haunt Departure
Swallowed by the Moon
In the Absence of Grace
Collapse of the Fallen Throe
Dark World Burden
The Dead Leaf Echo
Autumn Reflection
Through a Child's Eyes

...but every song is VERY GOOD.....not a song I don't like, which is rare for me not to like at least one song (HAHA!)

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with everyone here...every single track is my favorite. I can't say "Well this sucks" because, well..it doesn't. Some tracks I enjoy more than others, but I can't say any "suck". "Through A Child's Eyes" and "Swallowed By The Moon" are my standout's so far. This is friggin brilliant and it'll be very high on my year end list, that I can promise (Along with new Usurper, and when it comes out later this year, new Demons and Wizards) :worship:

I have asked myself this question too. What song is my fave? "In the Absence of Grace", "Swallowed By the Moon", "Collapse of the Fallen Throe", nah, I can´t pick just one track. It´s the complete album I love.

I like every song on TPHD so it's hard to narrow my favorites down to a few tracks. Some of the songs like "Collapse of the Fallen Throe" or "Swalloed by the Moon" took longer to appreciate while "Dark World Burden" and "Autumn Reflection" stood out immediately. Anyway, these are my picks.

Dark World Burden
The Pale Haunt Departure
The Dead Leaf Echo
Autumn Reflection

1.- Dark World Burden
2.- Autumn reflection
3.- Between Collapse of the Fallen Throe / The Dead Leaf Echo

Excellent album, anyway.... ¿ Swallowed by the Moon ? I think is the weakest song of the cd together with Absence of Grace.

Opinions really seem to vary alot from person to person on this, I've noticed.....some people think "Swallowed..." is the weakest song, and then some I've talked to say it's their favorite! Just goes to show that it all comes down to personal tastes and opinions, and no critic can ever give the all-around authoritative opinion. I'd have a hard time choosing what songs were my most or least favorites from this disc. Every song has at least a few qualities to it that I really enjoy.

songless said:
1.- Dark World Burden
2.- Autumn reflection
3.- Between Collapse of the Fallen Throe / The Dead Leaf Echo

Excellent album, anyway.... ¿ Swallowed by the Moon ? I think is the weakest song of the cd together with Absence of Grace.

I think so too...