UK tour

Ned

New Metal Member
Mar 31, 2007
Wow, no sooner did I finally get to see Katatonia at Bloodstock but now I get the news that they're coming back to tour with Paradise Lost. All this and the new album is near to completion - it is truly going to be an Autumn to remember.

All we need now is for them to embark on some headline dates in the UK too.

The Bloodstock set was short but memorable. For me the highlight was when they played 'Deadhouse' as the audience clapped and sang along with the verses. 'My Twin' was also really powerful and the emotional aspects of the song were conveyed beautifully through Jonas' voice.

I also got to meet the band in the signing tent after their set. They signed my Great Cold Distance album cover. I was somewhat starstruck but managed to wish them luck with the new album. I was assurred it will be "killer".

i heard they blewwww so much at BOA, tho I'm pretty sure i'll go see them if they tour here as i've never seen them live before

I'll be seeing the band 3 times in one week:kickass:

Sheffield (With Paradise Lost)

Leeds (Headline gig in a great intimate venue)

Birmingham (Part of the Hellfest 2 festival with Nephilim and My Dying Bride)

Anyone else going to any of the above gigs?

Correction - Should read: Hellfire festival 2. It's gonna be a good week :kickass:

They're doing a show at the Kingston Peel also. I went to University there and the Peel would be a hell of a place to see them - it's tiny compared to anywere else they're likely to play in the UK.

I'll be at Hellfire 2 on the Sunday and will see them in Manchester with Paradise Lost.

I missed the signing session at Bloodstock as it only got added to the list later that day. I was gutted.

I'll be at Hellfire 2 on the Sunday and will see them in Manchester with Paradise Lost.

I missed the signing session at Bloodstock as it only got added to the list later that day. I was gutted.
I heard about that singing too :erk:

I'm hoping to at least get to the Kingston Peel show. I'd like to go to Hellfire to see them and the Nephilim but i can't afford that.

Is a date as headliners in Leeds? I had understood that Paradise Lost would've headlined even there.

The Southampton, Leeds and Kingston dates are separate headliner gigs. No PL involved.
Now if only I could win the lottery, pack in my job and follow them around the country. Only I'd have to miss Leeds because I'm going to see Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson that night.

Now if only I could win the lottery said:
Sounds like a good idea to me Rowena. What with the Katatonia dates, AIC, Slayer, Numan, DM, Moz, Papa Roach, Dio, Alice Cooper, KSE and In Flames coming up - My bank account and head is gonna be hurting come Christmas time :kickass:

Sounds like a good idea to me Rowena. What with the Katatonia dates, AIC, Slayer, Numan, DM, Moz, Papa Roach, Dio, Alice Cooper, KSE and In Flames coming up - My bank account and head is gonna be hurting come Christmas time :kickass:

I'm looking at AIC too. I'd also consider In Flames and Dio. But Christmas, my car needs an MOT and some work doing; I've already battered the bank account with the 4 pre-orders I've made in the last couple of weeks. Then there's the Katatonia merchandise store. The list goes on :loco:.

Just got my tickets for the Leeds date, can't wait. Would love to see them with Paradise Lost as well but alas money's a bit tight. Plus a weekend gig is far more convenient for me. Hope to see some of you there. :kickass:

I'm looking at AIC too. I'd also consider In Flames and Dio. But Christmas, my car needs an MOT and some work doing; I've already battered the bank account with the 4 pre-orders I've made in the last couple of weeks. Then there's the Katatonia merchandise store. The list goes on :loco:.

Yep, it's gonna be tough to pay for it all. All tickets are paid for - It's just the hotel's I'm gonna have to worry about:erk:

Have to stay in for the rest of this month and live on bread n water! :erk:

Lot's to look forward to now though - Can't wait already - Got my AIC ticket today.:kickass:

Yep, it's gonna be tough to pay for it all. All tickets are paid for - It's just the hotel's I'm gonna have to worry about:erk:

Have to stay in for the rest of this month and live on bread n water! :erk:

Lot's to look forward to now though - Can't wait already - Got my AIC ticket today.:kickass:

Seriously considering AIC at the moment but will have to check I can get the day off work first. At least with them playing Manchester I won't need a hotel this time.