UK tour

Hi guys,
As you've probably seen, Katatonia have announced a bunch of headline dates alongside the Paradise Lost shows.

At risk of being flamed I signed up just to give a bit of information about the Kingston show, which is the final date of the tour.

Kingston's not far from London (about 25 minutes from London Waterloo by train) and you can use an All Zones travelcard to get there. The nearest station to the venue is Norbiton, which is a short walk away - map here:

http://www.multimap.com/directions/...=51.41028,-0.28236|17|4&bd=useful_information

The curfew is around 11pm so you will have time to finish your pints and get to the station afterwards - you might even get back to London before the Tube closes. Local buses also serve the venue from right outside (131 to Kingston / Tooting) and a night bus goes all the way to central (N87)

There is also free parking around the venue after 6:30pm for those wishing to drive.

Tickets are £8 advance, available from the venue. If you call 0208 546 3516, you can book tickets over the phone with a credit/debit card.

Any more info, feel free to email me - del.noble@gmail.com

Again, apologies as some people might feel this is spam - I see it as a good bit of information from someone who has put on and been to a lot of gigs at The Peel and knows how difficult it can be to find and get to if you've not been there before.

Hopefully see you there! :)

Well the mix let them down in London a little last night but no fault of theirs - typical support band issue.
It was incredible to hear Murder – Jonas sounded great, it was really something special. Forsaker sounded very good too.
Jonas was standing at the bar at the end of the night which surprised me, I didn't want to bother him too much so quickly wished him congratulations on the new album. Was a great way to end the night!

Paradise lost were awesome as ever. Katatonia played a good set, although i didn't think the sound was up to much and the 2 songs I heard from Engel sounded impressive - I'm going to check out more of their stuff. I just wish I'd gone to more dates now.

Anyway looking forward to the Leeds Rio's gig now - Should be better sound quality, with it being a headline date and a more intimate venue. Looking forward to hearing some of the new stuff live plus some older songs they dont get to play when supporting.

Paradise lost were awesome as ever. Katatonia played a good set, although i didn't think the sound was up to much and the 2 songs I heard from Engel sounded impressive - I'm going to check out more of their stuff. I just wish I'd gone to more dates now.

Anyway looking forward to the Leeds Rio's gig now - Should be better sound quality, with it being a headline date and a more intimate venue. Looking forward to hearing some of the new stuff live plus some older songs they dont get to play when supporting.

Engel sounded ok in Manchester, but I wasn't listening too closely as I was all fired up for Katatonia. I thought the sound wasn't as good as it could have been. My husband and friend thought they sounded great but they were at the back of the venue. Yours truly prefers to be near the front :headbang:

I only wish I could make it to Leeds but it clashes with something I already had planned.

Only 3 days to Hellfire though. After that its Alice in Chains in London to finish off my 2009 gigs. Then I can start planning for Hammerfest.

I only wish I could make it to Leeds but it clashes with something I already had planned.

Only 3 days to Hellfire though. After that its Alice in Chains in London to finish off my 2009 gigs. Then I can start planning for Hammerfest.

Pity you can't make it to the Leeds gig - There's an afternoon signing at a local record store - Hope I wont be the only one there, lol!!)

I'm going to Hellfire too (Sunday only) Should be a good day. It's a pity that the festival has had to be reduced to 2 days, although I can't say I'm surprised, more a case of quantity rather than quality IMO.

I'm then off to see AIC in Manchester then a week later - Slayer (That's if poor old Tom's back is better :rolleyes:) and Gary Numan.

Pity you can't make it to the Leeds gig - There's an afternoon signing at a local record store - Hope I wont be the only one there, lol!!)

I'm going to Hellfire too (Sunday only) Should be a good day. It's a pity that the festival has had to be reduced to 2 days, although I can't say I'm surprised, more a case of quantity rather than quality IMO.

I'm then off to see AIC in Manchester then a week later - Slayer (That's if poor old Tom's back is better :rolleyes:) and Gary Numan.

There was a vague mention of signing sessions at Hellfire so maybe they'll do one there.
I'd love to see a headline gig. They're getting 40 minutes at Hellfire. Have you seen the stage times yet?

There was a vague mention of signing sessions at Hellfire so maybe they'll do one there.
I'd love to see a headline gig. They're getting 40 minutes at Hellfire. Have you seen the stage times yet?

I've seen them twice before at Bradford Rio's and they were both great gigs - Very atmospheric and great nights.

Yep they come on @ 18.45 - Gotta get myself to Brum. check in, feed myself and then get ready for the gig. I might check out some of the other band's but just interested in the main stage from Katatonia onwards TBH.

I've seen them twice before at Bradford Rio's and they were both great gigs - Very atmospheric and great nights.

Yep they come on @ 18.45 - Gotta get myself to Brum. check in, feed myself and then get ready for the gig. I might check out some of the other band's but just interested in the main stage from Katatonia onwards TBH.

Where are you staying? We're at the Holiday Inn.

Thanks to Katatonia for this awesome tour!! And very special thanks to Daniel... :worship:
Got to see them 4 times in the UK. Best gig was definitely Southampton. Small nice venue, great crowd, the band seemed to enjoy it a lot and so did I. Good setlist although I would have liked to hear more songs from the new album. Hopefully the guys will make it to the rehearsal room once or twice before the next tour :heh:
Best sound was in Kingston. Clear, balancend and not too loud (at least where I stood). I did not even have to use earplugs which doesn't happen often at metal concerts. Very pleasant!
The Wolverhampton gig (with Paradise Lost and Engel) lacked a bit of power or maybe it was just the too quiet crowd or the not so good sound.
The Hellfire festival in Birmingham was fantastic. Kata, My Dying Bride and Anathema played very good shows. The opening act of the day was very interesting: Serontonal, the new band of Darren White (ex- Anathema and The Blood Divine). Darren also came back to sing Sleepless with Anathema- a historical moment!! Never been particularily interested in Fields of the Nephilim but they were better than I thought. Dark, mighty, powerful and thankfully more metal and less gothic than I suspected. Could have done without the hats and sunglasses though. Half the audience looked the same... hilarious... The worst thing about this festival was that I had completely forgotten to eat (was too excited), I was nearly dying during the Nephilims and all the food places around were already closed... imagine the drama I went through when I began to realize how empty my stomach was...
Anyway, the whole journey was a lot of fun& great music. Got to hang out with lots of lovely people. And Ryan Air rules 'cause they make it possible to get around for very little money. Cheers! :kickass: