Ultimate Metal Band Game II

62 Emperor +1
06 Nile -2

The holy river is drying up.
The Emperor shall soon begin his everlasting reign...

Muahahahahahaaaaa!!!

lmao!

Edit: oh and btw if you read this moonlapse please remember to reopen the ultimate metal band game III after this one ends?

damn i was hoping to end it.
oh well the mighty emperor has been victorious.

somebody better get game #3 going soon cuz these games are the best part of this board

I already made a third a while ago but they closed it till the other games were finished, so it should open now.

Opethian666 said:
I already made a third a while ago but they closed it till the other games were finished, so it should open now.

cool.

make sure it doesn't have any BS in it. Like naming Emperor as the greatest metal band of all time.

Well cheers to everyone for playing! Out of the staggering 27 bands chosen, one has risen up to beat the others, voted by you; the readers.
That band is now - dare I say it - the Ultimate metal band?!
Nah not really, but it has beaten the other bands on there, and it was quite a good choice if I do say so myself.
Here are the official results, some of which were suprising, some which were not.

27. Metallica - no surprises the sellouts finished dead last
26. Slayer - this one freaked me out, obviously a few youngins here
25. Dimmu Borgir - not too many tr00s like dummy burger
24. Children of Bodom - I used to like this band a lot, when I was a rookie
23. Soilwork - pretty shitty, older stuff is ok
22. Blind Guardian - What the hell?!?! Blind Guardian rule!! You people should be ashamed of yourselves. This one surprised me.
21. Dragonforce - fair enough, possibly the biggest wankers ever.
20. Iced Earth - old stuff is good, i suppose a respectable 19 for them
19. Sonata Arctica - wheres all the happy power metal fans?
18. Cryptopsy - I like cryptopsy, obviously Im one of the few
17. Hammerfall - they finished better than I thought, they should have been beaten by fellow power metallers Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica I thought, first and second albums were awesome
16. Dream Theater - they seem to be a love or hate band on this board, and thus were always moving up and down. A middle finish is respectable considering all the haters. A talented band if nothing else
15. In Flames - The now Nu-metallers make 15, I thought they would bomb out big time. I guess the Jester race is still strong in us all
14. Finntroll - A wierd band, and one I think slipped under the radar to get 14th. Not as much debate as some of the lower finishers
13. Arch Enemy - I thought theyd get knocked out earlier too. I guess everyone wants to bang Angela
12. Norther - the COB copycats outdo them big time. Suffering from the finntroll styndrome of 'no one really cares'
11. Immortal - The posing black metallers finish a respectable 11th. Not bad, at te heart of winter rules

10. Meshuggah - I like meshuggah, but others on this board didn't, and gave them a 10th exit. Just beat Immortal out to enter the top 10

9. Nevermore - One of the best american bands. They do you guys proud. Dead Heart is the best album. No real surprises, a good finish but I knew they wouldn't break the top 5

8. Darkthrone - A band for the tr00 black metallers (well more so than any others on this list), considering that a classic band slayer was voted off at 26th, I think Darkthrone did well, and bear Immortal at least.

Necrophagist - This band is so fucking sweet. A few more albums like the first 2 and they will be right up there. I think for the fact that they are younger than some other bands may have stopped them just outside the top

6. Dark Tranquillity - What the fuck!?1 This band, along with emperor, was my tip to win. You bastards made them finish 6th. One of my favourite bands, and was robbed slightly in my opinion. Still, 6th is quite good.

TOP 5

5. At the Gates - Ive only heard slaughter of the soul, but this band is clearly still held in high regard, after splitting up like 10 years ago. Did well to finish 5th

4. Amon Amarth - This was a surprise for me, Amon Amarth kick some ass, but they are not overly technical and play simple riffs with simple song structures. There must be vikings among us!

3. Behemoth - The top 3 broke away from the rest. Behemoth, after having a respectable lead over Nile, ended up finishing 3rd. Behemoth are the sweetest band live, they simply conquer all (god i'm lame). I love behemoth, and you guys do as well obviously, with a 3rd finish

2. Nile - Nile, with their egyptian themes, destroyed everyone when they entered the scene. Annihilation is one of my favourite albums ever (in my top 10) so I'm glad to see they finished well.

WINNER - EMPEROR - Everyone still loves emperor. Their first two albums in my opinion are some of the finest work ever recorded, chaotic beauty. Emperor have been voted by you lads as the 'Ultimate metal band', and it is well deserved. Well done. I'm sure the guys from emperor will read this and be chuffed.

That it lads, well done and thanks to everyone who voted. I've never made a thread before this, and it reached 40 pages. I am weeping with joy.

I have one favour, whoever makes the next metal game thread, I want to put the aussie band psycroptic on it. Do it for me, this is my final wish.

Cheers
Peace out