Ulver: Blood Inside

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
:headbang: Wow, this album WILL be killer! Anyone heard a few tracks off it yet? This is surely an album I can't wait for and will buy as soon as it comes out, which is in June I think.

Whose lookin' forward to it?

The two tracks I was able to check out were Dressed in Black & Christmas. Needless to say, I was hugely impressed with what I heard. The sound in particular was of excellent quality - I'm all for that!

Alcapoth said:
:headbang: Wow, this album WILL be killer! Anyone heard a few tracks off it yet? This is surely an album I can't wait for and will buy as soon as it comes out, which is in June I think.

Whose lookin' forward to it?

The two tracks I was able to check out were Dressed in Black & Christmas. Needless to say, I was hugely impressed with what I heard. The sound in particular was of excellent quality - I'm all for that!

Is it still the atmospheric electronic stuff or like the early metal?

I have the album...it's kind of hard to pin down. Some songs are jazzy, some are rockin, some are ambient. The last couple of songs fucking rock. It takes a few listens to get used to, but I really like it.

unknown said:
The last couple of songs fucking rock. It takes a few listens to get used to, but I really like it.
I thought that was the weakest part of the album actually.

I'm not overly impressed with it, it doesn't really compare to their previous attempts at ambient (actually this is less ambient, more rock then the others).
Most of the tracks drone on and on, some of the lyrics sound plain silly, and there's not really many songs on there that caught my attention.

For the Love of God is the only track on the album that I can say I really like, the chorus is perfect, and there's a bit of electric guitar thrown in.

Your Call is easily the worst song on the album, whenever I listen to it I think someone is ringing and I get all paranoid.

But the segue from Your Call to Operator is excellent...I love the frantic feeling of Operator. I don't know. I knew not to expect anything ambient, although another release in the Silence vein would've been nice, but oh well...forever shapeshifting

I've heard it and it seemed pretty decent even though I'm not much into electronic/ambient shit. So, that said, since apparently the earlier ambient albums are better which of those are the best?

Décadent said:
Haha, do people still beleive Ulver will go back to grim raw black metal/acoustic folk?

Yes. One of my friends heard from a "reliable source who knows his shit" on a message board that the new Ulver album was raw black metal and heavy as hell, then proceeded to insist that I DL it if he couldn't get it, so I could check it out. I told him the guy was either full of shit or being sarcastic....I was right. He fooled several people at that board into downloading it, thinking it was a black metal album.

I want this fucking album but i aing on sublevela anymor e and the fadgsots on neoclassical anint got any ulver.

Blade Golem said:
I've heard it and it seemed pretty decent even though I'm not much into electronic/ambient shit. So, that said, since apparently the earlier ambient albums are better which of those are the best?
Perdition City easily.

Heh, I think the two tracks I mentioned in my first post EASILY compare to the best of Perdition City.

Blood Line will be great, moreso even considering the songs I have heard may not even be the best off the album.

Anyway, needless to say, I'm excited. I may even go so far as to get the entire album before it is even released, until I finally buy it eventually. The style is just SO great.

Garm is one of my favourite vocalist's...ever!