Ulver lyrics

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I recently picked up Ulver - Bergtatt and I really like it, but does anybody know where I can find their lyrics in English? Thanks!

1:Led astray in the Forest darke
They awaited the Maiden's return
Astray She was in the Forest darke
-Her onlie Friende
The homeward Path - Hidden by spreading Snow

O could She but
Follow the starrie Trails
She would not be lost
Amongst these Spruces darke

Wooden arms embraced the foreign Guest
Sad was their Song to her
The Halls of the Mountaine Kinge
Clamoure for Christian Bloode

The Netherworlde:
"Near at hande; a Maid in grieffe
Handes joyn'd in Prayer
A Litanie rises to the Heaven above"

From Sprigges above
Upon her Head
Drop by drop as Bloode
From the Bodie of Christe

The Maiden:
"Alas! Alone In Foreste deep
Tonight, I feel and fear
No one remembers Me"

2:Betwixt cragges a descending Sunne
Slowlie, slowlie She turns her Head
Listening to distant words
Spoken from somewhere Below, O'th'Heart's woe

The Maiden:
"Betwixt the cragges a descending Sunne
The shadows grow O so long
Soon the Night will come
To binde and imprison Me"

Downe her cheek a Teardrop fell
of longinge for those back Home
How She wished to hold&be held
And out of Sorrow rose Her nameless Payne

Shrunken in weepinge
Lost in the Darke
On these Midnighte paths

Asleep She falls on a bed of Moss
Silence falls upon the Trees
Then, o'er the paths of her dreams,
A dense Veil falls

Now art Thou by many remembered!

3:She Senses Eyne of Grey

From afar She is watch'd
By eyne that play in grey
While above the Moone, silent, Glides

The Maiden:
"Cold eyne I sense
What Creatures are near?
Fast, far away from here I must flee
Or by force their Magick will steal me away"

Eyne hold her still
Caress Her from afar

Norwegian Nighte turns colde
When howling Wolves do sing
Thunder rolling (Fear rides in the air)

A snowcladde Worlde
-In silence
Alone She is, and astray
Throbbing fast, her Hearte
Her Bloode turning to Ice

The Netherworlde:
Here lieth Sorrow's Source
Between the thornecladde Trees
So faire a virtuous Maide
Her dreams invite the Dawn

On these Damask'd cheeks
On her Mouth bereft of Smile
A torrent of Tears runs free
While the Worlde sleeps

4:A Voice Beckons Her

Awaking on shadowie pathes
In the deep green Glade
When a whispering Voice She hears
From deep inside the Woodland

The Voice:
"Come, if Thou wilt
In Darkness come
My Eye shall win Thee
My Hair shall bind Thee"
(Wordes tender and tempting...)

The Maiden:
"O sweet Voice, why
Dost Thou bring back my Payne
To this silent forest Glade?"

The Voice:
"Maide, what canst Thou wish to win?
Come follow Me into my Home
Bring to thy minde our Joy,
Our Harmonie, our Bliss"

The Maiden:
"I can not comprehend - I feel so strange...
Please speak... Must I, must I?"

5: SPELLBOUND - INTO THE MOUNTAINS

The Maide begg'd for release
Her Plea to no avail
Again a Maiden vanished
They used her as they pleas'd
And did not use her kindlie

To the Hall of Shadows
So cold the Mountain's blue

The Mountaine bade her welcome
Embraced her harshlie and hard
Again the worlde was Night
And She forever lost

Her dying breath a scream
A long gone Era, not forgotten
- A bodie once mortal, now Stone

The Moone faded, gone!
And dim be the Stars

Cry! Rain and Storm!
Far north in the Mountain wildes
Below crest and cragge
They play

All musick composed by Ulver
All Text & Lyricks created by Garm and transcribed to archaic Danish by AiwarikiaR
Flute and Maiden's voice by Lill Kathrine Stensrud
Piano by Mr. Sverd
Cover painting by our most honoured Ms. Tanya "Nacht" Stene

Ulver is an honest Rendition of Feelinges & Thoughts directed towards the Dæmonick Powers and the Darkness of the Nighte. We hold stronge Convicktions that Beings exist that appear in other Shapes and under different Circumstances than those we Humans are generally ackustomed to. Through Ulver, we have tried to draw a musickall Picture of a different Realitie: A Mythickall Worlde of Phantasie that will not fade, change, or sink into Oblivion. I sincerely hope that the wordes written down throughout the darke, long Autumn Nightes of the year 1994 era vulgaris will prove to be a just Ackompaniment to the Musickall Atmospheres...
My aim has been to create an overwhelminglie melancholick & sorrowfull Folk Tale originating in the olden Poetrie of Norway. The Legends of abducktion are a distinctlie Norwegian field, where the evill Powers mark themselves stronger than in any other Myth wherein Creatures from The Other Side partake in influencing the lives of Humans - Ulver's art form is meant to emphasise preciselie these gloomy & grimm, yet at the same time ravishinglie enchanting aspects of Norwegian Folklore.
The Traditions of abducktion varie much in narrational form, but a common theme is the Belieffe that people who disappeared in olden Times, had been beckoned into the Mountaine - in order to engage in a life-long Marriage with Huldra* - through a fatal meeting with the Inhabitants of the Netherworlde. The only effective way to save the spellbound vicktim back to the Worlde outside was to chime with Church-Bells outside the place in question. Aye, let us keep these mountains' depraving Doors eternallie shut - the Spell must never be broken! Turn your back on Christianitie.

Beware the Light of Day...

Garm
* A Creature from Norwegian folklore. In the shape of a fair Maiden, she would lure Men into the Realms of the Netherworld.

I have that "The trilogie" box-set with three picture discs in it and the booklet also has the lyrics to "Bergtatt" and "Nattens madrigal" and also that last thing Sacrilicious wrote after the lyrics.

Courtesy of our very own Blackspirit:

”Kveldsjanger” is a musical project, based on the Nordic Folkloric believes’ gloomy times. Yet this is not a traditional Folkmusic release, but a Neofolkish adjustment of the feelings, we carry with the magical and mystical elements of older culturesteps. Here we try to paint the “naturemystical” (harshly translated, sort of like; the mystical nature) and trollish atmosphere via pure acoustic instruments, and what you hear here, is a result of fine evenings where we have been in a creative yearning of Norway’s old magnificent history, fairytale-like Nature and the trollbinding (spellbinding maybe?) stories she mediates.
The Romatic history of the country (not 100% on this), that arose in the old germandic country at the end of the 18ths century, has made a big impact on this Album, with fine toning of the free fantasy and ability to paint & enthrall a connection between the emotion, and the middleage’s view of live & the folk cultural-life.
Even though the sadness and the mystic manifests itself strongly throughout all of “Kveldsjanger”, one will find simple Compositions that are different than mentioned abode, but fresh, romantic Elements & epic harmonies. These are put forward to commit visual impulses in the listeners mind – and to spare the person in question from being left with no impression, without having felt the Richness in what we try to express.
But, in a whole, we have kept to the Nowegian Emotions & Atmosphere, and this release is not given any indication of locality. The music that is performed here, is essentially a remedy to give the Listener’s Fantasy Wings to the old fairytalecountry in their Minds.
Watch Out for the Light During the Day.
Garm
The ”Eveningsongs” are dedicated to the Dark-powers.